Guest Lisado

Another State if on 475 for SA????

Guest Lisado

Dear all

We are coming over on a 475 Business Skill (my profession is librarian.) I am not sure why this one was on the list as there are no jobs as far as I can see for that type of area. I have joined my professional body in SA and registered with a recruitment agency for my field.

I was wondering if you receive state sponsorship and visa for SA - do you have to remain in SA or can I look for work elsewhere, eg Melbourne, etc?

I will of course take any job in SA as this is where we want to be but ideally a library one would be perfect (and I don't tell people to shhhhhhhhh :) ha ha)

Many thanks, Lisa

Guest brandyslad
    Dear all

We are coming over on a 475 Business Skill (my profession is librarian.) I am not sure why this one was on the list as there are no jobs as far as I can see for that type of area. I have joined my professional body in SA and registered with a recruitment agency for my field.

I was wondering if you receive state sponsorship and visa for SA - do you have to remain in SA or can I look for work elsewhere, eg Melbourne, etc?

I will of course take any job in SA as this is where we want to be but ideally a library one would be perfect (and I don't tell people to shhhhhhhhh :) ha ha)

Many thanks, Lisa

Hey there, I saw someone asking this on another site and an agent came back and said that with the 475 visa you do not have to stay in the state you are nominated for you just have to live in any 'regional area' of Australia. That would mean you would not be eligible for Melbourne but could check other parts of Victoria for example. This is something that is not publicised for obvious reasons. However I do not know what way this affects an application for residency. I did remark to my OH about this at the time that it may not look too good on the application. I think you also have to let SA know if you intend to leave the state.

Now this is only me repeating something I saw on another site so hopefully someone will be along to clarify this or correct me if not the case.

Guest Lisado

Hi there

Thanks for that. I can imagine the SA govt wouldnt like it - just me thinking out loud. I have seen lots of jobs advertised in other states yet its only SA who would sponsor me for my profession and there are no jobs! Very strange

Lisa

Guest Nick11

I see quite a lot of jobs for librarians in the paper - quite a few at the university as well. Would have thought you would find one here.

Guest Zoot

I am also interested in any response to this. Similar situation have been trying to get work in Adelaide for 6 months but getting nowhere very fast. Seems like most of the work for my skills is in NSW or Victoria so am also considering making a move.

Guest Martin and Val

Sorry to tell you this but if you come on a 475 and are sponsored by the State of South Australia you must live and work within that state.

After you have worked full time for 12 months and lived in the state for two years you can apply for permanency. Once that is granted you can live and work wherever you wish.

Hope this helps.

Martin

Hi Martin,

If anybody is not able to get job in the sponsored state then he/she can move to another state but it has to be reginal area only as mentioned in the list at DIAC site http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/specified-regional.htm

Hi Lisado,

Since this looks old post , I would like to know what happend with you ...did you end up getting job @ SA ?

Thanks,

A

Sorry to tell you this but if you come on a 475 and are sponsored by the State of South Australia you must live and work within that state.

After you have worked full time for 12 months and lived in the state for two years you can apply for permanency. Once that is granted you can live and work wherever you wish.

Hope this helps.

Martin