Sign in to follow this  
Guest seank

Aberfoyle park high school

Guest seank

Hi Folks,

just wanted to ask if anyone has their kids at the school and what their opinions are? We were impressed by the info on their website and our son Liam, who's fourteen, is keen on IT and performing arts - both of which the school says they specialize in. Finding a good school will be an important factor in our choice of location.

On a more general note, how do you find the kids in oz feel about learning? It seems that unless you go to a decent school in the UK there's an increasingly negative attitude towards trying to do well at school among a number of kids. Will Liam be labelled a 'nerd' because he wants to learn?!

regards

Sean

Guest sarahsmartiepants

No He wont, depending on the school you choose of course!

Mine went to and 1 still is at AB pk high.

My son was labelled a "boff" in school in the UK, but seemed to fit right in there at Ab pk. My daughter hates school though, so she is no guide to go off of then!

When we came nearly 3 yrs ago there were very few english kids there, and you didnt have to live in the catchment. Class sizes were smaller. what I am trying to say is now the school is fuller, I am not sure if it is so good as it was. It was great for my son but he wants to learn my daughter only goes as she has to, so I dont think I can give a good view now as we have had a few probs with counsellers and a couple of teachers!

If it was based on my sons time there i would say fantastic best school ever.

Try pming lazy cow on here she will have some good info for you

sarah

Guest seank

Hi Sarah,

thanks for the feedback. Liam enjoys school so hopefully he'll repeat your son's experience! We're quite disillusioned with the UK school environment so hoping for better things in oz

kind regards

Sean