Guest vixpinkbabe

Have I got a CO?

Guest vixpinkbabe

Hi everyone,

Just checked my email this morning and got this:

Please note this is an automated email sent via an Immigration SA external provider on behalf of the person below. Any questions you may have should be directed to the Immigration SA officer below.

Re: Confirmation of Sponsorship from South Australia

Dear Victoria Foreman Reference no. 1*3*8*

Thank you for the details of your visa application lodgement with the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). Immigration SA is pleased to confirm Approval of Sponsorship from South Australia and that the appropriate Form has been completed and sent direct to DIAC.

Immigration SA no longer has any input into the visa process and any enquiries should now be directed to DIAC and not Immigration SA. We do, however, wish to remind you that the basis upon which your visa application may be approved is because you have received Sponsorship from South Australia and that you had committed to migrating to and living in South Australia if your visa is granted by DIAC.

Thank you for your interest in South Australia.

Phillip Grifoni

Program Support Officer, Skilled Migration, Immigration South Australia

Population & Migration Division

Department of Trade and Economic Development

T – +61 (8) 8204 9226

F – +61 (8) 8204 9244

Level 10, 50 Pirie Street

Adelaide, South Australia 5000

GPO Box 1264

Adelaide, South Australia 5001

Does this mean I have a case officer or not? Online status is still showing "required" for everything and only "processing commenced" :S

Little Miss Confused xx

Not 100% sure, but i believe you get allocated a CO from th DIAC. Thy should send you another email or letter telling you who the CO is that will dealing with your case. But i might be wrong, someone else may be better to help out. Thats how it worked for us though. Good luck with the rest of the process.

Guest brandyslad

Hi there,

I got the same email from SA just to say they had passed confirmation of their sponsorship to DIAC. They forward a form onto them, I think it's called form 1100 to let them that they have agreed sponsorship.

Hope i can shed some light on your situation,

Your e mail is just to confirm that yoiu have been offered sponsorship by the SA Gov, it does not mean that you have a Case Officer. This will follow later. Or much later in our case. We are going through the same visa process as you and it seemed to take forever. It was about 8 months from SA gov sending the 1100 form to DIAC to be given a CO who then requested medicals and police clearance certs. This was done via e mail.

Hope this makes things a bit clearer

Richard & Rosalita

Guest vixpinkbabe

Jeez, it has taken the SA Gov 5 months then to send the 1100 form to DIAC, that's AGES! :( xxxx

It was just over 2 months. Confirmation of SA sponsorship 27/12/07, 1100 form sent to DIAC on 06/03/08. Once you have your TRN number forward this to SA immigration, don't wait for your CLF number from DIAC. SA immigration can then create the 1100 form using only your TRN number. Hopefully this will speed up the process.