G'Day All

Guest MrsW

Hi Everyone,

Just registered with Poms in Adelaide, was looking of ways to make friends, chat, gossip and find out lots of useful stuff about Adelaide. Really I'm trying to find people who have just moved over with kids around the age of mine? 15 & 17.It's such a hard age to emigrate, Jamie has settle in really well, but Aaron didn't like Adelaide life and went back to the UK in March. He's on his way back in August for about a month, but I'm hoping he'll make some friends and see life in Adelaide really isn't that bad!

We lived in Largs North for about 6 months, but couldn't resist moving further down south to Hallett Cove. I have to admit choosing a place to finally settle was really difficult, purely as there are so many areas that appeal. I think the fact friend we met when we arrived lived in Hallett Cove plus the amazing views of the coast swung the vote for us.

Anyway, if anyone has anything to ask feel free. Chat soon

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine and family

Welcome to PIA, it's a really friendly site and we all have the same goal - get to Adelaide as soon as possible! We have our 136 visa and fly out 26th July. We are looking to settle around the Hallett Cove area so any info you can give us would be gratefully received!

Our kids are a lot younger than yours, Hattie is 3 and Rory is 18 months but it would still be nice to meet you when we get there!

Enjoy the site,

Liz and Rich

Guest donna T

Hi there

Don't have kids the same ages - mine are 5 and 2 but I do live in Hallett Cove. If yo fancy a coffee - let me know. Must have been hard to have Aaron go back - hopefully he will see the error of his ways and reconsider during his August trip/

Guest mOZzy

hi lorraine and family!

this sure is a very friendl site

i am sure you find someone to chat with :)

we are not there yet, so can't offer just yet!

my kids are much younger like the others (3 and 20mths)

i hope aarons visit goes to plan!! just line up the lovely girls ;)

ohhh i almost forgot my questions: how long is it to go to eg. (... hold on! i have to get my very well used map out!!) .. to CBD or port adelaide or tea tree gully (roughly)

Guest steph&neil

Hi welcome to PIA! am sooo jealous you are there already! think mozzys plan of lining up some chicks is a good plan!:D

must be hard being without him; here have a <hug>! hope that helps you!

we are hoping to get out at the start of august & have 2 kids 5 & 9

My biggest worry is making new friends! but after being on this site i have already met people (you know who you are!) that i cant wait to meet face to face!

good luck & when i get out the kettle will be on!;)

steph x x

hi lorraine and family!

this sure is a very friendl site

i am sure you find someone to chat with :)

we are not there yet, so can't offer just yet!

my kids are much younger like the others (3 and 20mths)

i hope aarons visit goes to plan!! just line up the lovely girls ;)

ohhh i almost forgot my questions: how long is it to go to eg. (... hold on! i have to get my very well used map out!!) .. to CBD or port adelaide or tea tree gully (roughly)

Hi Susi & Family

I take it you mean the distance from Hallett Cove??? Basically Craig drives to Port Adelaide most days for work from Hallett Cove and it takes him 35/40mins and it roughly 27km. As for CBD I drive there a lot and it takes about roughly the same time depending on what time of day... Hallett Cove to CBD is about 14km, as for Tea Tree Gully thats further away, we have been there but wouldn't like to say how long it would take!

Have you got a date to come out? Or a place in mind to live?

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine and family

Welcome to PIA, it's a really friendly site and we all have the same goal - get to Adelaide as soon as possible! We have our 136 visa and fly out 26th July. We are looking to settle around the Hallett Cove area so any info you can give us would be gratefully received!

Our kids are a lot younger than yours, Hattie is 3 and Rory is 18 months but it would still be nice to meet you when we get there!

Enjoy the site,

Liz and Rich

Hi Liz & Rich,

Craig is sitting with me helping me out on the forum, it's all a little new to me!

Hallett Cove, what can I say... I fell in love with it the minute we visited friends back in Nov 06. All the houses are well maintained, lots of English families and I think that's a good thing! The views are amazing of the coast, there is a small beach with a great park for small kids just like yours, plenty of little shops dotted around and the main shopping centre is getting renovated this year. We live opposite Hallett Cove East primarary school, looks really nice. Jamie goes to Hallett Cove senior just at the bottom of the hill, he's been there since May 07 when we moved in. He seams to be getting on well, football training once a week and he's now playing for the school team.

I'm sure you would have already looked at www.realestate.com.au but if not check out the properties within Hallett Cove. I'll attempt to upload a pic of the views from around our house, if not I'll email them to you just let me know. As far as we're concerned Hallett Cove seems like a great place to raise a family and we don't regret it. There is a little bit of graffiti around, but most places have a small problem with that.It would be great to meet up once you arrive, you're more than welcome in our house anytime. July's not to far away, you must all be really excited about the move.... Have you visited Adelaide before?

Anyway, mail me anytime and I'll send you our number.

Lorraine & Craig

Guest mOZzy

Lorraine, thanks for the update!

well, it's so difficult to decide on an area to start of but so far we always thought of starting off in golden grove!

but lately i had a good look around the southern parts and like that too. especially with 2 little ones i'd like to be closer to the sea really.

we have friends out there who live in rosewater; so we don't want to have a too long drive to them iykwim - but then again: 40min isn't too bad!

i am certain we'll change our minds alot more - and i think we can only decide on an area once there

but still, some pictures and good reviews could help ;)

we are sending off our tra on monday to our agent - so we are hoping to fly out in spring latest summer next year !!!

so when did you move out in the end? and how stressfull was it really? :)