Guest Bakers

Testing times!!!

Guest Bakers

Hi well who'd have thought it been here a whole 16 wks tomorrow & boy do i feel like someones testing me as if the whole moving thing isn't big enough first we got ripped off on a short term rental,then our youngest was rushed to flinders with pneumonia (no ambulance cover),my Gran passed away over New Year & today my hubby decided to bone out his own leg rather then the lamb he should have been working on,ambulance again (work covered thank god) & now has complications & is being kept in & may need op plus i was not well myself a couple of weeks back please tell me that im not alone in the unlucky stakes & share your stories to cheer me up & convince me it'll get better:arghh:

In the big scheme of things it will get better, all these things in themselves you are well equipped to deal with. Chuck in a combination plus moving your family away from usual surroundings and the stress levels climb significantly. Things will settle down, your OH's leg will heal. You will get ambulance cover. You will start to feel better yourself and come this time next year most things will have settled down. It is amazing just how much people can actually deal with in life and carry on. You have made the first big step in voicing it all on here instead of hiding behind the good ole stiff upper lip which for me personally has at times got bigger than the rest of me :D

Guest Lulujim

Poor you - it's always the way isn't it? Especially when you're out of your comfort zone. Not at all on the same scale, but we used to live very near my family - and NEVER asked for childcare/help etc.. and now we have moved 4 hours away it is the only time we have ever wanted a bit of help (we're all ill at the mo) - typical!

But we, like you, will get through this - and pull together stronger as a family.

Soon you'll be telling the story about how when you arrived all these things happened to you, and they'll seem like a distant memory :swoon:

Oh dear, but we have to have these tough times to appreciate the good! When it can't get any worse it can only get better, just cling on to that and you will be fine.

Sounds like you are having more than your fair share of bad luck - it has to get better! :unsure:

Not wishing you more bad luck, but as a firm believer things often come in 3's and you have had 2 abulance trips, I would get to the post office and get some amblulance cover for about $150 before anything else happens!! ;)

Guest Im Here
    Sounds like you are having more than your fair share of bad luck - it has to get better! :unsure:

Not wishing you more bad luck, but as a firm believer things often come in 3's and you have had 2 abulance trips, I would get to the post office and get some amblulance cover for about $150 before anything else happens!! ;)

Ambulance cover cost $115 for a family :D and it doesn't matter how many kids are on there. Once your kids turn 18 and they are not in school or any education then they have to get their own which costs about $56 better than paying $800 per trip.

Ambulance cover cost $115 for a family :D and it doesn't matter how many kids are on there. Once your kids turn 18 and they are not in school or any education then they have to get their own which costs about $56 better than paying $800 per trip.

We got our ambulance cover through Mutual Community for $48 for a family of 4, I was going to go to the post office, but decided to shop around and I'm so glad I did.

But things will get better for you all, you aren't unlike most families, that you get a bucket full of bad luck then things start looking up for a bit.....as the old saying goes, what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger!