Guest crystal64

Driving in S.A.

Guest crystal64

Hello, we`re really new to this...

Are considering Adelaide as our destination, it ticks all our boxes... We are a family of 4 (leaving 3 grown up sons in U.K.), Me (nurse), Hubby (electrician), 18yr son & 8 year old daughter.

Anyway we are hoping someone can answer this as the only concern we have is driving in S.A., do we have to take driving theory & test in S.A. we already hold full licences in the U.K. for loads of years???

The rest great...

Thanks

Crystal :jiggy:

Guest soggy

Are considering Adelaide as our destination, it ticks all our boxes... We are a family of 4 (leaving 3 grown up sons in U.K.), Me (nurse), Hubby (electrician), 18yr son & 8 year old daughter.

Anyway we are hoping someone can answer this as the only concern we have is driving in S.A., do we have to take driving theory & test in S.A. we already hold full licences in the U.K. for loads of years???

The rest great...

Thanks

Hi,

no test just fill out a form, show your UK licence, passport, proof of address, and you get your licence, ( and a fee )

Simon:)

Guest crystal64

Thanks guys for your quick reply.

That`s brilliant, was a bit worried, as would hate to have to do a driving test again..my nerves would be jagged & been driving for over 25years...

We`ve looked at lots of places in Australia, but Adelaide seem a really good fit for us.

Thanks again.

Guest FlyByNight

We're back!! - 6 days before we are due to fly out to Adelaide (on the old one-way ticket:jiggy:) and having finally sold the house, in the middle of imposing on anyone who will have us. This thread has reminded me to enquire to PIA as to where we can do the driving licence thing? Is there a place in the city you have to go to, or are there local places you can complete the said form / present I.D. and fees etc? We have a rental set up in Sheidow Park so if anyone knows a place near there we would be interested to hear.

Many thanks

Guest the4hopes

We went to the office just behind Marion shopping centre, try to get there about 8.45 as there can be a long wait, as people are there for all different reasons.We only waited about 20 mins, look your best though, as they take a photo!!

Laura

Guest sarahsmartiepants

The rest great...

Thanks

Wow Crystal is that all you are worried about:biglaugh:

No test just a fee!

Welcome to the site!

sarah

Guest FlyByNight

Thanks for the prompt replies, and for the 'highway code' link - it wont hurt to do a bit of revision!! (have read the threads about the erm 'efficient' traffic policing in Adelaide :policeman:).

Guest Guest75
    Wow Crystal is that all you are worried about:biglaugh:

No test just a fee!

Welcome to the site!

sarah

Ol' bugga me had to take the test!!!

Hated it.:realmad:

Guest DianeJ
    We're back!! - 6 days before we are due to fly out to Adelaide (on the old one-way ticket:jiggy:) and having finally sold the house, in the middle of imposing on anyone who will have us. This thread has reminded me to enquire to PIA as to where we can do the driving licence thing? Is there a place in the city you have to go to, or are there local places you can complete the said form / present I.D. and fees etc? We have a rental set up in Sheidow Park so if anyone knows a place near there we would be interested to hear.

Many thanks

Hi Flybynight,

We fly out on 14th Feb and also have a rental in Sheidow Park so you may bump into us !

Diane

John

Katie 9

Charlotte 6

Amelia 6