Guest lensgirl

Proof of funds

Guest lensgirl

Hi

can you please tell me how i go about getting proof that i have financial capacity? At the moment we are saving as much as we can, so by the time we will leave, with selling the house/car etc we will have enough cash to go over with. So how can i get someone to authenticate it? Also who exactly can authenticate finance?

many thanks

Guest HelenAndSiggi
    Hi

can you please tell me how i go about getting proof that i have financial capacity? At the moment we are saving as much as we can, so by the time we will leave, with selling the house/car etc we will have enough cash to go over with. So how can i get someone to authenticate it? Also who exactly can authenticate finance?

many thanks

We had to provide some bank statements. I am not sure what the minimum of funds are. Maybe your building society (mortgage) can also provide more info about your assets.

Who are you proving it to? We had to prove how much money we had to apply for state sponsorship, not the visa. We got someone in our bank to sign and stamp our form. Its more difficult if you are waiting on house sales etc and I'm not able to answer you on that.

Do you have enough in the bank? Then the bank will just do it for you. You usually have to explain about it though - my bank had never seen it before

Guest lensgirl

No i dont, we are still saving really hard at the moment. by the end of the year we probably could have £5k in actual cash but we need to apply by the latest i think of September to make sure that we get the sponsorship in and agreed before im 30 in December

Hi

What we had to do was have the house valued and have it put in writing, then we had to take anything to show we had funds, endownment paperwork, value of the car as much as possible. Then we had to find a solicitor who is a notery public (I think this is how it is spelt) . In the West Midlands I was told there is only one person who does this!!! The solicitor has to use a red wax stamp and see your passports and sign to say he has seen evidence of funds. This cost £65.00.

Hope this helps Regards Janine

Guest lensgirl

Can you get anyone to value your house or does it have to be your mortgage company?

Guest wijaya

I went to a solicitor, with the financial forms, bringing all the bank statements, ISA statement, and else. But he did not even look at them. In one minute, he signed and I parted with 5 pound note. It's that painless. So you don't have to have a public notary to sign your financial form.

Guest brandyslad

I got mine checked in the Halifax, I brought in a house valuation from when we re-mortgaged and I printed a valuation for the car of Parkers Guide then my bank account with savings was with them. But the girl didn't check any of it, she signed it no problem and no charge.

Hi

We need to get our financial pro-forma signed off and the information from our agent says it has to be signed by a bank official or JP but you do not have to prove the funds to the person witnessing the form. I am presuming this means that if I sign the form I am declaring that I have the funds even thought I am not proving it. Not sure if further down the line you have to show proof but will keep you updated.

Tracey

Guest raahulraana

hi

its 25000$ for primary applicant and additional 5000$ per head.for 2 persons 30000$ for three 35000$, etc.

out of this 10000 $ must be your liquid assets

Regards

Raahul Raana

Guest Lisado

Hi there

We got the estate agents to do us a letter, printed out the value of car from Parkers guide, showed our bank statments (even with the Overdrawn bits on now and again), savings statements, pensions statments, maintenance money from my ex. Basically anything we could think of. THen we took them to a notary public as that is what was rwquested by us, plus we didnt want the bank to know what we were planning (just in case ;)) THe notary public just signed them and we sent them off and got state sponsorship.

I think SA govt just want to see you would be able to manage was you dont get any help from them !

Lisa