Sign in to follow this  
Guest nottingham

engineering jobs

Guest nottingham

hi, wonder if anyone can help? im a qualified stuctural&thick plate engineer (plater-boilermaker) having worked inthe petro-chemical & nuclear power industries. ive also worked for rolls-royce (aerospace) sheetmetal industries.i was wondering if theres much call for these trades in adelaide and if so to what sort of wage?we as a family have got our visas but i would like to try and sort something out before we come over.is it like the uk as jobs go?very scarce in this industry. many thanks pat.

Guest brandyslad
    hi, wonder if anyone can help? im a qualified stuctural&thick plate engineer (plater-boilermaker) having worked inthe petro-chemical & nuclear power industries. ive also worked for rolls-royce (aerospace) sheetmetal industries.i was wondering if theres much call for these trades in adelaide and if so to what sort of wage?we as a family have got our visas but i would like to try and sort something out before we come over.is it like the uk as jobs go?very scarce in this industry. many thanks pat.

My OH is a welder, have you looked on Seek and Career One at job? I know that is where he goes to look for stuff.

Guest Guest5035

I came out in 91 from nottingham in the same trade , but just as a plain boilermaker!! you might want to register at various agencies at first to find your feet. To get a job at the sub corp ( ship building ) i think you might need to be a citizen. There's plenty of work out there, paying around $25-$35 a hour.

I got out of the trade in 94, had enough of the dirt, fumes etc etc.

Stevo

I came out in 91 from nottingham in the same trade , but just as a plain boilermaker!! you might want to register at various agencies at first to find your feet. To get a job at the sub corp ( ship building ) i think you might need to be a citizen. There's plenty of work out there, paying around $25-$35 a hour.

I got out of the trade in 94, had enough of the dirt, fumes etc etc.

Stevo

Yep; the Sub Corp would love to hear from you (not sure about citizenship, but that's a lot easier than you might think).

Unfortunately Perry Engineering is no longer in production, but there are lots of places doing Wind Turbine Fabrication. If you really just want to make a bucket- load quick and then quit, discuss the idea of fly- in fly out work for the Mining / Petro Chemical Operators like BHP, WMC, Beach, Argyle etc etc

you can work anywhere in or around Oz ex- Adelaide on this basis

You really will earn every extra dollar, and it will place your relationship under strain for the first year or two. But the cash is great and there are pretty much zero out- of- pocket living expenses.

If you know nuclear, then you might also know Hydromet / Yellow Cake Prouction in which case try Olympic Dam C/o Roche.

JB :v_SPIN: