Sign in to follow this  
Guest Suziep

About to be skint but happy!

Guest Suziep

Hi Guys,

Exciting news, I received my acceptance offer for a 3 year Uni course today and I only posted off my application last week!!!!!!!

Now I have to put things into perspective......give up work (after being a wage earner since the age of 17):mad:.......give up shopping (will now have no money):arghh:........ but hey......... we will now be joining a great group of people from PIA and I now have an excuse as a student to dye my hair bright pink! :D

Roll on October, it can't come fast enough.

Guest cazzie

Hi. that's excellent news. I have just enrolled and been accepted as a student at UniSA and like you, will be very skint. The plus side is that it will be great to study again and meet new, like-minded people, but the pink hair? Not for me but good luck with the hair dye and the study.

Guest terjo
    Hi Guys,

Exciting news, I received my acceptance offer for a 3 year Uni course today and I only posted off my application last week!!!!!!!

Now I have to put things into perspective......give up work (after being a wage earner since the age of 17):mad:.......give up shopping (will now have no money):arghh:........ but hey......... we will now be joining a great group of people from PIA and I now have an excuse as a student to dye my hair bright pink! :D

Roll on October, it can't come fast enough.

Hi Suzie

I just wanted to let you know, you're not the only one with a mid life crisis, maybe its catching. I too, have decided to go to uni and start in Sept (gosh that was scary, the interview was horrid). We obviously want to make our dreams come true. So i just wanted to say good luck. We have ALOT of work ahead, and yes will be skint, but obviously have an excuse to be mad. I like pink too. Best of luck.

Teresa x

Guest Suziep

Hi Cazzie,

Its reassuring to know that there are more of us studying, they processed my application so quickly I thought that maybe I would be the only student enrolling this year!!. I too are looking forward to the new challenge and meeting people.

Guest Suziep

Hi Teresa,

I too was mortified to find that my years of work experience and qualifications were not enough to gain PR. I was lucky enough to be pointed in the right direction and however much it may cost the end result will be worth it. Thankfully I have not had to endure an interview, I haven't even had the experience of a job interview for some years so I can understand how scary it would have been for you and I admire how you have had the courage to find an alternative method to live your dream. Good on you & I wish you the very best of luck.