Guest Libby1971

Items needed for bushfire victims

Guest Libby1971

This information was released to us today

Clothing is no longer required, but toys, new and unopened toiletries, clean manchester and non-perishable food items are all being collected at the Wayville Showgrounds (Rose Tce in the Stirling-Angus Paviliion).

All collection will cease this Friday. The Showgrounds are open between 8 am and 6pm daily. SVDPS will be taking monetary donations as well.

Also, the Red Cross have been inundated with people donating blood in the last few days. However, blood will also be needed in 2-3 weeks when victims will still need treatment and supplies start to go down. Please consider donating blood if you are able to in a couple of weeks or so.

Also books are being collected, novels etc, to be sent. Please donate what you can. Donations can be left with me to take to my school where collections are also done from. If you would like to know where to come to leave with me or which school to drop off at, pm me or email eawarner60@hotmail.com

Thanks

http://www.fiveaa.com.au/site/programs/amanda_blair/sarahs_bushfire_appeal.aspx

sarahs_fire_appeal_pageheader2.jpg

What We Need - Drop Off Points - Volunteering

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

We have been overrun with clothes, please do not send any more clothes down.

No out of date toiletries or food please.

Still looking for CLEAN, NEW bedding.

And NEW toiletries.

But please no more clothes!

Please ensure all donated items are clean in good working order and are ready to use

What do we need?

Disposable razors

Shaving cream

Deoderant

Soaps

Sorbolene Cream

Tooth Paste

ToothBrushes

Hairbrushes

Hair bands

Bobby Pins

Sanitary Pads and Tampons

Tissues

Toilet Paper

Nappies

Baby Wipes

Bags

Suitcases

Backpacks

Non-perishable foods (not out of date)

New pillows and quilts

Manchester

Towels

Sheets

Handbags

Important Note

regrettably due to logistical limitations we are unable to accept donations of furniture

Drop off Points

You can drop off goods at the Wayville Showgrounds Stirling Angus Pavilion.

Enter off Rose tce, from 8am till 6pm, Monday to Friday

Drop of at U-Store-It Self Storage Centre's

At Gepps Cross, Norwood, Lonsdale

See the U-Store-It website for address details

www.ustoreit.com.au

There is a drop off point at Gawler, Ethelton and McLaren Vale where people can drop items off :

Gawler:

Ray White Gawler

15 Adelaide Road

Gawler

Between 9am and 5pm Monday - Friday

Or Call Matt for after hours drop offs: 0433 258 200

McLaren Vale:

21 Gloucester Tce (off main st)

McLaren Vale

Between 9am-5pm Monday - Saturday

Western Suburbs:

Wendy

31 Pelham St, Ethelton

Between 9am - 8pm

photo-link.jpg

Want to Volunteer

Thank you so much to everyone who has offered to assist in Sarah’s Bushfire Appeal - the response has been overwhelming!

Given the sheer numbers of volunteers, it will be too difficult to individually coordinate everyone into any sort of system.

So we suggest the following:

Present yourself at Wayville showgrounds anytime between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday and see Kym Masters, our volunteer coordinator, who can assign you a job.

Or, present yourself to any of the following U-Store-It locations around Adelaide, all of whom would gladly welcome a helping hand:

Gepps Cross

575 Grand Junction Road

Ph: 8262 5593

Lonsdale

20 Aldenhoven Road

Ph: 8384 4333

Norwood

52 Sydenham Road,

Ph: 8363 7155

We have not confirmed our actions for the Weekend so please check here on our website on Thursday and Friday for details.

Thanks again for your generosity

See you at Ground Zero!

Cheers,

Sarah, Amanda and Monique

Guest Devon

Excellent post Libby

We would have given blood as well but unable to do so as anyone who has lived in the UK for over 6 months between 1980 and 1996 isn't able to :sad:

We have donated to the Red Cross though and going to look for items now that they're required

Guest Devon

Not just us pommies - anyone who has resided in the UK for the specified time is excluded. All to do with vCJD

Sorry I misread your post, I thought you had given blood to the red cross recently but having checked the website they are still not accepting blood from us. Boo hoo!

Guest Roo1

Thanks for the list of items Michelle. I've just been round my house with a bin liner and filled it with items from the list! To actually donate things and not just money makes me feel like I'm helping in my own little way! Off to Lonsdale now.

Judi xx

Guest Django
    Not just us pommies - anyone who has resided in the UK for the specified time is excluded. All to do with vCJD

Even if you are a veggie like me????:biglaugh: They make appeals for blood and then exclude a large minority of the population that are willing to give it. Whats that all about??? :o

Pete

Newsflash from my daughters School.

Due to the overwhelming response to the Bushfire Appeal, they can take no more donations at the Wayville Showgrounds.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

My two took some stuff to the showgrounds this lunch time, there were queues of cars and loads of people they said they will no longer be taking anything as they are over full and flat out! This was for Sarahs appeal

It is amazing the response here in times of need:notworthy:

Guest Nick11

There is also an appeal by the rspca in victoria. You can donate online or take food to local shelters that will head for the affected areas.

They estimate over a million animals have been killed in the fires.

Guest Roo1

Unfortunatly the collection point at Lonsdale Storage unit is no longer taking donations either. It said on the notice to take donations to your local charity shop.

Judi xx

Thanks so much for posting this...I have been trying to find info for drop off locations and this is the best info I've found. Will be off to Lonsdale tomorrow or Friday then...

Guest sarahsmartiepants
    Thanks so much for posting this...I have been trying to find info for drop off locations and this is the best info I've found. Will be off to Lonsdale tomorrow or Friday then...

Sorry to disapoint Dette, they have closed their doors to it also, now off to tell my neighbour who has collected a load of stuff and is dropping it off today!