Hi all

Lea

Good Luck with the process!!! We lodged our visa on 8th August and are still waiting for our acknowledgement! :(

We are also going on the SIR Visa - believe me it is strange when you don't have any more rushing around to get stuff certified etc.

Take care

Lea :lol:

Guest dglamoore

Hi Odette

We are at the same stage as you. We got our sponsorship on Friday and our agent is doing our visa online this week. Just the meds and police checks to go :shock:

When are you hoping to be in Oz?

Lisa :D

Hi Lea and Lisa

Thanks for welcoming me...and thank god someone else is going through the same stress! Although having said that my husband has handled pretty much all of it as I have just had our second child and was and am in no fit state to do paperwork! Good ole sleep deprivation!

We are hoping to be out in Adelaide by Jan 08 at the latest. Not sure I want to arrive when it's scourching but may have no choice, depends how long house takes to sell etc.

Out of interest what are your reasons for migrating?

Best wishes

Odette :)

Guest dglamoore

Hi Odette

We are moving for loads of reasons - have a 4 year old and want her to have a more outdoor life, costs of living and the UK is getting too crowded and miserable :D

What about you?

Lisa

Hi Lisa

Sorry about the delay, very knackered with newborn and hyper 4.5 year old whose just started school! Boy she's a handful, decided to cut her own hair today! Thought I'd put the scissors well out of reach...um, must try harder.

I agree that we would like our girls to have more of an outdoor active lifestyle, plus be raised in a generally more positive and relaxed environment. I'm not sure the cost of living will be much different, I suspect food will be the same price but housing, petrol and eating out may be slightly cheaper. We too are looking forward to less people and buildings...after our reccie to SA last summer I found it so difficult adjusting to driving here again - the volume of cars and the speed frightened me to death!

Have you been out to Adelaide? And out of interest where are you in the UK?

Best wishes

Odette

Hi Lisa

Yes our application has been couriered to Oz so we are 'level pegging' with you. I'm starting to stress about saying the goodbyes already! Had my sister-in-law up from Brighton this weekend and she is so great to be around, I just don't know how we are going to cope with not seeing her and other family members from one year to the next!

Wow so you've never been to Adelaide? Have you visited Oz at all? Or are you taking a leap of faith?

Talking about getting organised, we have sooooo much to do. House needs completely redecorating, garden (or jungle should I say) is huge and needs a serious makeover, and with all the costs of the visa etc we are running low on funding it all....ahhhh. And with two little ones we're too knackered to DIY in the evenings. We need a miracle!

:lol:

Anyway...good luck with your organising...keep us posted

Odette

Guest Pesky Varmit

Hi all

we are also taking a leap of faith. Makes me feel better that others are doing the same, some people think we are mad!! :lol: We have sold our house, are moving out in three weeks and guess what? We still have no visa!! :? We have everything crossed that it will arrive before then, as meds and police checks have already been done. I think panic will set in next week if we don't have any news. Anyhow, good luck to everyone....you'll need it!! :lol:

Hi there one and all,

Just found this site today and thought I'd say Hi. We have a SIR 495 class visa and are hoping and praying that we are able to turn this into a permanent visa in 2 years time.

We are migrating to Adelaide next month, nearly a year after submitting our application. We are looking forward to flying over and starting our new life together in the sun.

I am a Telecommunication engineer and my fiancee Ann is a Transport administrator and we have a lovely daughter Louise who is 4 going on 16 who is also looking forward to the move.

Look forward to chatting with you all soon.

Guest dglamoore

Hi Davey & Co

Good luck with your travels next month. It will be great having some inside advice :D

Know what you mean about the 4 year old going on 16 :shock: god they are hard work sometimes! And still the teen years to look forward too :?

Lisa

Hi Everyone

I am new to this site too!

Me, my OH Ashley & 2 boys age 10 & 6 yrs - a handful at times but they are both now at school.

We are waiting for our TRA result, our agency lodged it on the 11th Sept. I was expecting it back last week but the agency have still not heard !! Needless to say I have emailed them for whether they plan to contact the TRA or not - does anyone know if 11th Sept until now is a reasonable amount of time to get a result?? Or am I being inpatient?? :oops:

My OH is a painter & decorator, I work 3 days as an asst supply mgr (jobshare) - we have applied for the SIR495 against Ashleys Trade.

Visa application compiled at the agency, so once the results in & SA agree sponsorship - incidentally does anyone know if you get the TRA positive result do SA automatically sponsor you???

Sorry for the Q's but its very stressful this migration thing....

Thanks a bunch for reading :)

Angela

Guest donna T
Visa application compiled at the agency, so once the results in & SA agree sponsorship - incidentally does anyone know if you get the TRA positive result do SA automatically sponsor you???

I think they are completely seperate - there were a whole bunch of forms to fill in for the SA sponsorship - you had to say how much you liked the outdoors and why you would make a good contribution to SA etc etc.

From what I remember (and it all starts to mix into one) OE sent us the forms once the TRA had said yes.

Hope this helps

Donna

Guest dglamoore

We had our sponsorship submitted on the 1st Sept and got accepted on 29th but there was a lot of paperwork and questions we had to answer.

We had to prove we had researched the area (hence adelaidebound.com) and could support ourselves for at least 2 years.

We do know people that have been turned down due to insufficient funds and not enough research so it does pay to look into it. Your agent should be able to tell you what is involved.

With your TRA did you have an acknowledgement letter with a rough timescale on? When we done ours we had a letter our agent emailed us saying 10 working days if on MODL and 20 (ish) if not. Ours came through in 18 working days but felt more so really feel for you.

You will be doing the next stage before you know it :lol:

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

We GOT it last week - the TRA is positive !!! :D:D:D

And yes Donna OE have already done the SA sponsorship on-line. I did some forms previously with the visa application (in advance) & the sponsorship question around why SA / support etc was done at the same time...........its wierd but you do so many forms sometimes you forget which ones you have done !!

I also had to send bank statements, pension info etc.

Can I ask a really simple question ! - does anyone know if you can fail the SA sponsorship? I've checked immigration.sa & we have everything to meet the criteria but I think I am a bit of a worrier...........!

I think we will have to start thinking about the house sale after Xmas.

I imagine we will have a sponsorship reply soon & the visa paperworks all at OE ready to be processed. Just meds & PCs.

Does anyone know if you can fail on BMI on the medical??? I am slightly over-weight for my height (due to having 2 children really) but I don't smoke or drink much, train in the gym 3 times a week so I think fairly fit - but the scales don't lie! (unfortunately) - could this be a problem on the medical ??

Thanks All

Angela

Hi Lisa

Thanks for this, its reassuring knowing that I am not the only person who is over-weight. Do let me know how you get ........please!

I have heard that they do note the BMI thing, but its unlikely to effect the overall medical.

I've not had my blood pressure taken since having my 2 children, its was fine then so hopefully it will be ok for the Meds! :o

See you

Angela