Guest ben.karen

Can I change VISA types??

Guest ben.karen

Hi

I applied for a 175 Skilled Migrant Visa in August last year, as it seemed to best suit our needs at the time. I have since got a job offer in the Royal Adelaide Hospital, and they asked if I would be needing them to sponsor me - at the time I said "no" as we had already applied for out 175.

Since then, the new rules have come in, and they are now prioritising sponsored Visa applications - does anyone know if I am able to change my application without having to apply/pay again?

Thanks

Ben

Guest tonyree

no you cannot change but you can submit a new application form but you won't have to pay anew. to get this information (i cannot create a link) go to immi.gov.au then go to booklets ,go to booklet number 5 then go to part 2, general requirements. it is clearly stated. this booklet is just like the migration booklet.

Guest BAZnDAF

What about getting a letter stating your job offer and forwarding that to DIAC, and informing them that you need your visa quickly?

Might be worth a try, as a 175 gives you more flexability

Barry

Barry's suggestion is good.

Alternatively, seek State Sponsorship - a subclass 175 application can move to a subclass 176 without additional cost.

State sponsored 176 applications are being allocated to DIAC case officers within a few days at present.

Best regards.