Guest Lisado

Just avoided redundancy

Guest Lisado

Hi all

In shock right now. My firm (law firm) announced redundancies across the board with 90 people to loose jobs in March. As you know I am a librarian and there are 3 of us in the law library. We all got called in at 3.30pm today and were told whether or not we were out :shocked:

I am so relieved that I kept my job. Suddenly the realisation of never making it to Oz hit home. So what if the kids are ill - I'll somehow manage to have them looked after there or if I don't get help from the state but at least i have my job and we can still get over ;)

I hope I am never in that situation again - still feel numb at how lucky I have been

I am on the wine :goofy:

Lisa

Guest brandyslad
    Hi all

In shock right now. My firm (law firm) announced redundancies across the board with 90 people to loose jobs in March. As you know I am a librarian and there are 3 of us in the law library. We all got called in at 3.30pm today and were told whether or not we were out :shocked:

I am so relieved that I kept my job. Suddenly the realisation of never making it to Oz hit home. So what if the kids are ill - I'll somehow manage to have them looked after there or if I don't get help from the state but at least i have my job and we can still get over ;)

I hope I am never in that situation again - still feel numb at how lucky I have been

I am on the wine :goofy:

Lisa

You are so lucky, we were all told this week we are finishing in May and my OH is laid of on half pay til the end of Feb with no sign of anything else, he is relaxing this week enjoying Jeremy Kyle and Loose Women, LOL, dunno how long that can last!!!

Fingers crossed we want to go by the middle of May, I would go sooner if I could but I have a big family do on the 17th May and they have asked me specifically not to go til after it and E has his best mate's stag on the 10th May weekend and in usual Irish traditon this will be a 3 day affair with everyone left like a cabbage by the Sunday night through over indulgence!:biglaugh:

Guest ReadyPenny

Crikey Lisa that was a close one! So glad for you hun! Get that wine down in big mouthfuls!

Mandy

Guest Lisado

Hi Lisa - I read your other post after I posted mine and couldn't believe you had been given your notice - really sorry and about E as well. There is only so much Jeremy a man (and girl) can take :P

Mandy - I have drank a bottle (does that me a part time alcoholic :wideeyed:)

I am so relieved with having kids - and our dream is to be in Port Noar and this has made me think - wot the hell, after all me dithering. I just want that visa and join all those poms in oz ASAP :o

Maybe it was all that bookstamping I had to do LOL!!!!!

Lisa

Guest Lisado

I think what is bothering me is that I know I am leaving but have to wait to hand in notice as we need 2 save yet I know there are people losing their jobs, so I feel like Sh*t right now. However I work for a solicitors office - would they care about me - nopes!:sad:

Roll on Oz

Guest BAZnDAF

You have to protect number one in the current climate. Glad you kept your job :)

Yes I agree with BaznDaf. When you do go, someone else will be able to have your job, or the company may downsize further yet and not bother to replace you. Maybe those lawyers will have to find their own books and papers....LOL.

Guest Lisado

I am having a bubble now - think its relief to know that we can still come over. If I lost my job it would have been the end of us coming over