sduffy

Help re Nightmare Shower

Hi guys wonder if anyone has any advice.Shower keeps going Freezing, or boiling hot.Any ideas?

Having recently been charged $400.00 by a plumber for putting in a new tap i dread to think how much this might be.

Have a couple of ideas,but would welcome any advice.

Also any recommendations for plumbers,or could it be a prob with the Water Heater which looks pretty old,would i then need a heating engineer.?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks Sue

Guest Django

Is there anyone else in the house turning on or off taps or flushing a toilet? Are you showering when the dishwasher/washng machine is on?

Pete

Guest Django

Doh!!!!!!

I was kinda hoping for your sake it was. :( Can't work out why it gets either hot or cold and not just always hot or cold. Not that I'm a plumber anymore. But 'tis strange. :confused:

Pete

Guest the4hopes

Ours is doing exactly the same thing, just waiting for a plumber to get back to us, luckily our landlord will pay. Ive learnt to sit on the floor in the shower and the water has cooled a little bit by then!!!

Ours is the same,havnt got a clue why but has always done it.

Its not so bad in the summer months as even with the cold tap only on the water comes out luke warm but nightmare in the winter when the water suddenly goes cold and we then have to turn off the cold tap and then have to wait about a minute to come through hot again.As if our house isnt cold enough in the winter.

Could be something to do with a water saving showerhead interfering with the workings of the water heater. I dunno why they do, but I have heard plumbers talking about this on the radio. Try doing a Google search.

My showers do this as well, and I believe in our house it's something to do with having an instantaneous type water heater.

But I'm probably wrong!

Guest soggy

Hi,

mine did that even with a new water heater, I find if you open the hot a lot then add the cold it is ok, it means having a very powerful jet but seems to keep a constant temperature.

Simon

Guest BAZnDAF

Not really understanding the setup over there, but is it anything to do with a thermostat? maybe it gets too hot, then switches off, then after it has cooled it switches back on and gets hot again. just a thought. Could also be a water presure issue.

Guest Claireg

Hi - its something to do with your boiler(i think!!)Well thats where the guy was doing his stuff - so to speak. We had the same problem but as we are in reneted we just rang up the real estate people and they sent a gas fitter out now the shower works.

I have PM'd you a gas fitter who is good

Claire x