Shipping costs, rip off or not?

Guest Dave & Kerry

Guest Dave & Kerry

Hi

Can any 1 tell me if £3038 is a fair quote for a volume of 415 cubic feet as I nearly feel over on hearing this figure. I know shipping isn,t cheap but lets get real.

Help.

Guest ReadyPenny

It's a rip off big time! We have just paid John Masons £2200.00 for 550cu feet in a shared container and £298 to Letton Percival for Marine Insurance. Both companies have been very professional and friendly and cant recommend them enough. Both are based in Liverpool. If you give John Masons a call ask for Dave Ozzard and tell him Mandy sent ya!!

all the best

mandy

Guest LOOBYLOO

We used White & Co and paid £2920 for 20ft container (approx 1000 cubic feet). The only other charge on top was insurance and $374 for customs/quarantine. Price included all packing in UK and unpacking and rubbish removal here.

If I were you I'd shop elsewhere.

Guest Snape Family

It may make you feel better if I tell you we have been quoted nearly £5000 to move from the Isle of Man to Adelaide, one quote was Pickfords, the other was White & Co.

Tracey

• 1 month later...
Guest Snape Family

further to our previous answer, as we have not been able to sell our house and are looking to rent shortly, we have had to re-think our options.

We have therefore decided to ship our personal bit and pieces i.e. anything that will fit in a box with www.sevenseasworldwide.com my brotherinlaw used them and he said they were great. This means we are not taking anything big e.g. beds, furniture etc, but hope to pick these up at the other end possibly second hand.

The boxes come in 2 sizes which are:

- Tea Chest - 61cm x 51cm x 41cm

- Book Box - 51cm x 41cm x 31cm

There is a limit of 40KG for each box.

We have been quoted GBP 1364 for a total of 20 tea chests and 10 book boxes.

They ship the boxes to you and include bubble wrap, parcel tape and a marker pen, if we don't use all the boxes the quote will be reduced. The cost doesn't include insurance.

They also don't mind sending the boxes out in advance of the shipping so you can have time to sort through and get organised.

Hope this helps

Tracey

Guest Lisajonesey

Hi,

yep, definately a rip off.

We got our cheapest quote from John Mason's.. although they provide a service where they come out to your house and give you an estimate.. they estimated 100 cubic feet more than we needed and they were really rude to us,

So we went with Anglo Pacific, who have been brilliant, and would fully recommend them.

Lisa.

Guest Mrs Dizzy Rascal

Hi we have the shippers coming in next Wednesday to pack everything in a 20ft container, we paid £3,000 from Bishops Move that was the cheapest quote we got, will let you know if they were any goodxx