Sign in to follow this  
Guest bub1202

Medical for 475 visa

Guest bub1202

Hi can anyone help? I seem to have the worlds worst migration agent. I need to complete my medicals for a 3 year 475 visa. I intend to stay forever but have to move provisionally over until I have the perm elegibility. So, do I need to have a temporary or permanent medical carried out? Also my boyfriend is a physiotherpist, does he need Hep B and C testing?

Please help

Thanks !!!:arghh:

Guest brandyslad
    Hi can anyone help? I seem to have the worlds worst migration agent. I need to complete my medicals for a 3 year 475 visa. I intend to stay forever but have to move provisionally over until I have the perm elegibility. So, do I need to have a temporary or permanent medical carried out? Also my boyfriend is a physiotherpist, does he need Hep B and C testing?

Please help

Hi there,

We had our meds yesterday for the 475 visa and they did everything including the blood tests. I am not sure about the physiotherapist, we were asked if either of us were nurses or health workers as we would need Hep B or C if we were, but did not apply to us. I would ask your panel doctor. Before you go for med and x-ray you need to bring two forms each, which you print of from the DIAC tracking page and it prefills some of your details, and two photos which they will certify and attach. Also, females do not go while you are on your period as messes up urine samples - something I only realised that week but thankfully wasn't an issue.

Our blood tests are now away for checking and will be back in a week once they are back they are sending them on for us.

Any other questions, ask and I will see if I can help as its so recent, I fretted a bit about ours prior to it but just read up and then called the hospital to double check what I needed. It was £57 each for X-Rays and £140 each for meds. This was in N.Ireland.

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi,

Just a question regarding medicals, we are due to go soon and as i work as a support worker with people who have Learning Disabilities you say they mentioned Health workers having Hep B/C.

At work at the moment they are pressing us all to get the Hep injection would you reccomend that i have it before my medical?

Just worried that i will turn up and they will tell me that i have to go and have the injection which will hold things up.

Also did you say we have to take forms that we print of DIAC and two passport pictures just to clarify.

Thanks Jo x

Guest Pies

Please help

If you are concerned about your agent, couple of things to look for: is all well with your application i.e. all docs received by DIAC? Can you check? Is agent MARA registered? Have you expressed any concernes to your agent? If not, do so and follow up in writing. Lastly, if you are really concerned, change. Plenty of other agents and plenty of people to recommend them.

As other posters have mentioned, your panel doctor will keep you right - they may have a website or look at Aus government requirements. Get X-rays done with appropriate time for those to be received by panel doctor, ask to be informed if there are any issues. If you are taking support documentation for any issues, ask panel doctors advice before including in application.

Pies

Guest brandyslad
    Hi,

Just a question regarding medicals, we are due to go soon and as i work as a support worker with people who have Learning Disabilities you say they mentioned Health workers having Hep B/C.

At work at the moment they are pressing us all to get the Hep injection would you reccomend that i have it before my medical?

Just worried that i will turn up and they will tell me that i have to go and have the injection which will hold things up.

Also did you say we have to take forms that we print of DIAC and two passport pictures just to clarify.

Thanks Jo x

Yep two forms and two photos the doctors and radiologist will certify a photo each and attach to the forms. I called the x-ray dept that morning to clarify everything and check I had everything with me.

I am not sure of the hep c thing, I would ring the panel doctor and ask, we never got into any further than telling the doctor we weren't health workers. I do some work in learning disability units and have never come across any staff having to go for hep c, but this is rural northern ireland and we are generally last to hear of everything!!