Sign in to follow this  
Guest vixpinkbabe

Can I send my medical results yet?

Guest vixpinkbabe

Hi everyone,

I have done my medical but the results are currently sitting in Birmingham medical centre as DIAC requested we don't send them:

MEDICAL RESULTS

Please do not post your medical results to us. Do not open the sealed

envelope or forward the results to the Department unless your case officer

specifically requests they be sent.

However, I have noticed that this week's said:

MEDICAL RESULTS

Please do not post your HSA onshore medical results to us. Do not open the

sealed envelope or forward the results to the Department unless your case

officer specifically requests they be sent.

Does that mean I can send them? I have been wanting to send them for a few weeks but my agent hasnt allowed me to :(

Just would like to send them now so they can get sorted and finalised rather than them sitting doing nothing at Birmingham?

Agent is having none of it, but if I can show her the above email about HSA onshore results may persuade her to let me?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest mubley

It is difficult to understand why the DIAC requests have apparently been sent to YOU and why YOU are asking if YOU can send them; also why the report is sitting in Birmingham.

Can I suggest that for guidance you refer to: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/ particularly the notes under the heading "After your health examination".

This shows that the report should not be sitting anywhere - the panel doctor (nominated by Immigration) should have sent them to Immigration as part of the normal routine - and if not immediately then why not? He wouldn't/shouldn't be handing over this confidential document for you to send in yourself nor delay submission.

So the question is: What/who has initiated the instruction to delay submission when it is contrary to normal procedure?

The only time this (loosely) comes up in guiding instructions is where it says “do not complete your medical before you lodge your visa application”. As you appear to have lodged your application this does not apply.

I would also suggest that if you are “forced” to go through your agent rather deal directly with Immigration, then don't let her mess you about - push her for answers and get clarification on procedure at every stage - you are paying her good money and she should be acting in your best interests. Don't be fobbed off/allow the process to be slowed down. Put your foot down and give her some stick if necessary!!!!

Guest ReadyPenny

Agents are a bit like solicitors. YOU pay them to advise you, but you do not have to take their advice, it is their responsibility to do as you instruct, that is what they get paid for. She may say you are going against advice, but it that is what you want to do, do it. Dont be held to ransom by these buggers, it really winds me up. Our solicitor has been the same over the house sale and I told her where to shove it and reminded her that I am the one with the cheque book! She soon got herself a move on!

Mandy

Guest seank

Hi Vix,

plenty of people have front loaded meds (us included!). I'm sure the e-mails you've received are standard messages, in order to stop people having meds done way before they get a CO and then running up against the 12 month expiry deadline. In your case, being so close to getting a CO - that won't be an issue.

As long as you're sure you'll be in oz within 12 months of the meds being finalised, then there's no need to wait. They take a little while to process in sydney anyway, so you could get that ball rolling rather than have the forms sat at the health centre.

regards

Sean

Guest BAZnDAF

I'm with Mubley on this, Your panel doctor should have sent the reports to Sydney as soon as they were completed.

When you paid for the medicals did it not include the cost of recorded delivery?

Barry

Guest vixpinkbabe
    It is difficult to understand why the DIAC requests have apparently been sent to YOU and why YOU are asking if YOU can send them; also why the report is sitting in Birmingham.

Can I suggest that for guidance you refer to: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/ particularly the notes under the heading "After your health examination".

This shows that the report should not be sitting anywhere - the panel doctor (nominated by Immigration) should have sent them to Immigration as part of the normal routine - and if not immediately then why not? He wouldn't/shouldn't be handing over this confidential document for you to send in yourself nor delay submission.

So the question is: What/who has initiated the instruction to delay submission when it is contrary to normal procedure?

The only time this (loosely) comes up in guiding instructions is where it says “do not complete your medical before you lodge your visa application”. As you appear to have lodged your application this does not apply.

I would also suggest that if you are “forced” to go through your agent rather deal directly with Immigration, then don't let her mess you about - push her for answers and get clarification on procedure at every stage - you are paying her good money and she should be acting in your best interests. Don't be fobbed off/allow the process to be slowed down. Put your foot down and give her some stick if necessary!!!!

Thanks Mubley, this is really helpful.

The info about not sending medicals in is on the ASPC processing times email. I have paid the medical centre to post them, but my agent says not to – we’re to keep hold of them at the moment as DIAC are asking we DON’T send them to Sydney until requested.

Oh I don’t know what to do xx

Guest mubley

You picked up on the change in wording to: "Please do not post your HSA onshore medical results to us" i.e. it only applies to that type

I have looked at this a bit more closely, the questions being:

Who is "HSA"? What is "Onshore"? What is "Offshore"?

The answers are contained in this link: www. hsagroup.com.au/visa_medicals/index.html

You will see that HSA is a Group that arranges ONSHORE medical assessments on those applying from within Australia

Their immigration work also includes assessments of reports for OFFSHORE applicants applying from OVERSEAS.

So you are OFFSHORE and there appears no reason for your report to be held up.

Tell your agent as much as well!!!!

Guest vixpinkbabe

Thanks Mubley, have sent them today, sod it! Sick of playing by the rules, no-one else seems to! xxx

Guest Lisado

Hi there

I downloaded a form my hubby needed to fill in before we were told to by the agent - in fact I found out we had CO on monday and agent only told us today!

We had gone ahead and done police checks and booked our meds before she said - I think sometimes it is just a gentle nudge to agents which doesnt do any harm :o

I'm like that with Estate Agent too - they'll all be sick of me :P

Lisa