Guest batleys

working at queen elizabeth hospital

Guest batleys

my husband has got a job interview for tqeh and we where hoping somebody might work there that could give us the low down. We are hoping to live around the christies beach area but would this be too far to commute each day as g earth says it around a 50 minute drive would this be right .

Thanks lucy & chris

Sorry I can't help you with your work question but I can help on the commuting bit as I was a patient at the QEH a few years ago and my hubby had to travel an hour every day to see me which was a bit of a pain. It also wasn't enjoyable having to go for my weekly checkups, travelling an hour and then waiting 2 hours to be seen! I've now changed hospitals to be nearer to where I live.

IMO I would look for accommodation a little nearer to the hospital. Henley Beach is nice.

Hi Lucy, I have got a job at TQEH but I dont start until the 6th April, but I have a friend who's friend works there and she really enjoys it. I will let you know how I go on in April. Good luck to Chris for his interview.

Jo x

Guest batleys

hope everything goes ok on your move i will let you know how the interview goes

Guest The Dimmock Family

Hi,

I live approx 15 mins south of Chrisiies and to travel to TQEH everyday will soon become tiresome ( one hour plus if traffic is OK). I used to work at FMC and might I suggest trying there or NHS or RDNS / Home Nurses (pay is much better) . Personally I would not leave McLaren Vale to be closer to my work!, and working in the community I get to see a lot of suburbs and Adelaide.

Hi,

I live approx 15 mins south of Chrisiies and to travel to TQEH everyday will soon become tiresome ( one hour plus if traffic is OK). I used to work at FMC and might I suggest trying there or NHS or RDNS / Home Nurses (pay is much better) . Personally I would not leave McLaren Vale to be closer to my work!, and working in the community I get to see a lot of suburbs and Adelaide.

do u work for RDNS? if so fancy swapping rounds lol i want to start from home :biglaugh:

Guest Ann

Hi Thanks for this thread.good to know people working in TQEH.My Hubby planning to go as emergency doctor in this hospital.We are basically from south india and lived here in UK from 12 years.Children are 7 and 5,please advise how is it compared to UK.Education,expenses..also pls tell us about good areas near hospital to live and schools..

Thanks in advance..