Guest Kraig1967

New Arrivals

Guest Kraig1967

Hi all, just registered on the forum and having a mooch around. We arrived on Jan 7th and a Government sponsored 475 visa temp for 3 years, we hope to make this a permanent move eventually. There are just the two of us, Kraig 41 and Jacky 46.

We have just rented a house in Lockleys near Henley Beach and looking for social events / gatherings to help us settle in, Jacky finding it difficult to get a job at the moment, she is a quality assurance manager, and wondered if anyone else has been in the same position regarding applying etc and could point us in the right direction. I have just taken a full time job at the local car detailers until I my tools arrive and get my plumbing licence granted.

Look forward to meeting some new friends

Kraig n Jacky

Guest guest569

Is Moana too far for you to come ???? The beach will be busy this weekend.:jiggy:

Guest Kraig1967

Thanks, have seen that thread, unfortunately I am working this Saturday until 5ish, looks like Moana is about 30mins from us, maybe a little further. But will keep a look out for any further events down that way.

Guest caoimhe
    Hi all, just registered on the forum and having a mooch around. We arrived on Jan 7th and a Government sponsored 475 visa temp for 3 years, we hope to make this a permanent move eventually. There are just the two of us, Kraig 41 and Jacky 46.

We have just rented a house in Lockleys near Henley Beach and looking for social events / gatherings to help us settle in, Jacky finding it difficult to get a job at the moment, she is a quality assurance manager, and wondered if anyone else has been in the same position regarding applying etc and could point us in the right direction. I have just taken a full time job at the local car detailers until I my tools arrive and get my plumbing licence granted.

Kraig n Jacky

Hi Guys, welcome to PIA and Adelaide ,hope you enjoy both

Hi and Welcome.

Send Suzer a PM (private message). She organises meets in the City, under a group called ex pats in adelaide. I think the next meet is on 11 March .

Carole n Andrew

hya we arrived on a 457 in Oct 2006 and got our perm residency on 17th March 2008. give us a shout if you want to meet up, we live in the semaphore /largs area.

Si (44) Caroll (42)

Guest jorose

Kraig n Jacky

Hey you arrived the day before us. We have settled in Findon. Hope you are enjoying it as much as we are.

Jo

Guest Kraig1967
    Hey you arrived the day before us. We have settled in Findon. Hope you are enjoying it as much as we are.

Jo

Hi there yeah we are loving it, do you ever go in the Rat and Parrot?

Kraig n Jacky

Guest jorose
    Hi there yeah we are loving it, do you ever go in the Rat and Parrot?

Kraig n Jacky

Funny you should say that, hubby went in on Saturday afternoon with a friend for first time. I haven't been in. Have you?

Guest Kraig1967
    Funny you should say that, hubby went in on Saturday afternoon with a friend for first time. I haven't been in. Have you?

Yeah we went in on Friday for the first time, nice place, will have to meet up for a drink some night, we are only down off the bottom of Findon Road, just off Henley Beach road.

Kraig n Jacky

Guest jorose
    Yeah we went in on Friday for the first time, nice place, will have to meet up for a drink some night, we are only down off the bottom of Findon Road, just off Henley Beach road.

Kraig n Jacky

Yeah, give us a PM sometime and we can meet up for a drink.