MacLeods

Hi to all from the MacLeods

Hi

We are the Macleods, that is Mac (41) Michelle (37) and Cameron (13 months) and this is our first posts after weeks of reading everyone elses trials and tribulations.

We have just sent off the final stage DIAC forms which our agent has lodged online and have our Medicals booked for mid July. We have applied under the 495 visa and started this whole process in June 06 so its now at the point of wait and see................

It would be great to hear from anyone, especially anyone with a young baby who will be looking for or has found Nursery facilities since arriving Adelaide.

Cheers

Michelle

Guest ali@51

Hi

and welcome to PIA every one is really freindly and will try to help if they can.

I have got a little pearson but cant help on the nursary front as I am a stay at home mum/domestic enginere/whaterver the latest politicaly correct word is 7_4_20.gif.

However I do know that their are people who have moved out recently and found decent nursarys. I think lisa has posted somthing about hers on the school costs thread.

good luck

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxuk101LWGB

Guest jen&ian

Hi Michelle,

My youngest is 10 months old, he will be 14 months when we get to Aus. Can't help with nurseries as I'm another desperate housewife ( or domestic goddess;)). Just wanted to say Hi and welcome.

Jen:)

Guest mOZzy

hello michelle and family and welcome :)

we are not really close to moving just yet (hopefully coming spring latest summer!)

so we can't help with the kindy question (will keep an eye on this thread though ;))

so how are your plans coming along? any idea when you would like to move?

Susi

Guest lastboyscout

Hi Michelle

Welcome to PIA and the rocky road that is `applying for a visa`;)

Guest Django

Hi Michelle and co,

23_3_36.gif to PIA. I can't help as I won't be Oz side until next year. Good thread though. We too will be keeping an 12_6_21.gif as we have a few little ones.

Pete

Guest ali@51

I like domestic godess 1_4_138.gif must use that one more often

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxuk101LWGB

Guest dglamoore

Hi Michelle and family

Welcome to PIA and good luck with your upcoming meds :D

There is lots of childcare here but it works our pricey on an SIR visa as we get no child benefits to help with the cost. My daughter is 4 so goes to kindy so cannot help too much with the exact cost but I am sure if you email a few childcare centres they will help with prices :D

Lisa:cool:

Many thanks I did try emailing a couple of Nursery’s but no response, maybe I’ll try a few others I just wanted to gage the costs really .........................Thanks

Many Thanks to everyone for your replies; this is the first chance I have had to check in.

This week we are going to look into OAA and get some shipping quotes done and we have decided to put the house on the market on the 1st of September in anticipation of good news. (scary)

No doubt I will be back soon with more questions or try to help with anyones questions

if i can.

Cheers

we hope to go in October depending on the house sale etc but that maybe pushing it abit as long as we get there thats all we really care about . I think dates will be determined by outside influences.

cheers

Michelle

Guest theshearers

Hi Michelle

Welcome to the site. I also have a small person called Cameron, but he is a little older at 18 months.

Can't really help with nursery costs as we are not going to be there for a good while yet so haven't really looked into them yet. Will be interested to see what info you get back though.

Good luck with it all.

Vicki x

Guest graandjac

my hat off to Steve i admire what you do and glad you're home safely...

respect from Graham

Guest dglamoore

Hi Vicki

Good to see you back on here and lovely to chat the other day - love the pic of Cameron he looks so cute :P

Lisa:cool:

Guest Roo1

Hiya!

Welcom to PIA! My boy goes to kindy here in Hallet Cove, however I have friends who have younger children who go to different childcare centres around the area.

I've not heard a bad thing about any of them.

Probably best to settle in an area then go and see for yourself. They are pretty much the same as the U.K. Maybe someone on here can clue you up better on the prices though.

Good Luck

Judi x ;)

Guest theshearers

Hi Lisa

Great to talk to you again the other day. Glad you like the picture of the boy, we thought he looked right cute!! A future Marine in the making possibly!!

Graham

Thanks for the lovely reply, Steve was chuffed with that! He's glad someone appreciates them!!!

Vicki x