Sign in to follow this  
Guest deb and stoo

Televisions

Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

Just been speaking to friends in Melbourne who advised us not to bother bringing our television sets with us, as, even though the voltage is correct the frequecy is different,any thoughts ?

Was thinking of taking the portables with built in DVD players so the kids can watch DVD's and play their Playstation/X Box games on them but does this mean I'll have to buy one of those big plasma/LCD ones when we get there ? :D

Any words of wisdom much appreciated.

;)

Guest Django

Hu Stoo,

I think it is law that anyone moving to Oz has to buy at least a 42" screen. 15_8_217.gif

Pete

Guest soggy

laws like that are the reason i want to live in Australia, i may have to buy two as im so law abiding

;)

Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

Well if the law says so ............who am i to go breaking it :D.

But would still be interested to know the thoughts of the lucky ones that are out there.

:)

Guest ali@51

Hi deb and stoo

from the reserch weve done the tv works on a differen frequency over their and so unless you have an all singing and dancing tv that will swap frquencys abroad your tv wont work as a stand alone. How ever from what we have read if you are useing a satalite system/ set top box it will work. Hope this clarifys things. I guess it is a bit of a chance taking it but if you leave it at home you will defo have to buy that 42"plasma. If you take it you can still buy a 42" plasma if you want to but you may not have to.

Guest graandjac

conclusion is.............................we all have to get an all singing all dancing mahusive tv...........on no!!!!!!!!

Guest BJF

Do you have the facility on yout tv to change the country options, if you do then it will work, if not it won't work, it's as simple as that.

Our main lounge tv worked fine (till it died of natural causes), the kids portable TV/VIDEO combi's didn't work but they play pre-recorded video's and work fine for games system's. Our UK DVD/VIDEO players would not work but I'm glad I bought them with us as UK DVD's won't play on an aussie player, UK DVD's are Region 2, aussie DVD's are Region 4, Region free DVD's work fine.

Games systems work fine and will take aussie games no problem.

Guest dglamoore

We bought portables which work fine with dvd players and playstation etc. We did not bring a large TV as Greg wanted to obey the law and buy a new plasma ;) but we do know others that have bought them and they work fine through a digital receiver (either free tv or foxtel)

Lisa:cool:

Guest The Guvnor

Doh! Need to check the paperwork to see if my 6 month old 42" will work!