Guest Bristol_Matt

International rugby sevens.

Guest Bristol_Matt

I am not a huge rugby fan, but I am thinking of getting tickets for the last day of the sevens tournament on April 5th.

Has anybody been before? Is it any good?

We arrive in Adelaide from the uk on the same day at about 10am, for our 12 day reccie. I am guessing we will be able to get to the ground about lunchtime. As sports fans this seems our only chance of watching an event over there and it also might help counteract jetlag by keeping the mind active until we go to bed at night. Easier said than done.

Are we making a bad decision?

I went to this event last year, and had an absolute ball. It was a fantastic atmosphere, will lots of activities for kids to do. Probably also helped that i wore the kilt and ended up wasted by the end of the day. But for a family outing, it is terrific, and if i'm home from the oil rig, i will be taking my son again this year.

I heard last year was an execellent day out!

I am going on the Sat and Sun this time round!

Anyone else goin...give us a call for a beer!

Dan

Guest guest569

Adelaide Oval is only about 20 mins from the airport so you'll get there in time. Wether you can stay awake enough to watch any or find your way to your accomodation is another matter !!!;)

Guest Bristol_Matt
    Adelaide Oval is only about 20 mins from the airport so you'll get there in time. Wether you can stay awake enough to watch any or find your way to your accomodation is another matter !!!;)

We plan on hiring a car, checking in then heading straight back out to the rugger.

If you see a guy fast asleep burning in the sun (i actually have no idea what the weather is like in April). Give him a poke in the ribs! I must try and resist beer, its sure to send me asleep.

Out of interest, do any poms now support Australia?

I do .... Unless their playing England of course.:biglaugh:

A few of us are meeting up for a family day at the 7s we are all thinking about going in fancy dress, were not too sure what the theme is going to be tho....our friends go every year and they say its awesome...

Hi, we arrive in March and would love to go to the rugby sevens, where would we get tickets from and also would we need to book them now while still in UK or could we get them once we arrive in Adelaide? Would love to meet up with some of you guys for a beer or two.

Jo x

Guest Bristol_Matt
    Hi, we arrive in March and would love to go to the rugby sevens, where would we get tickets from and also would we need to book them now while still in UK or could we get them once we arrive in Adelaide? Would love to meet up with some of you guys for a beer or two.

Jo x

Folks in the UK have 3 choices:

1) pay on the day

2) pay online and pick up from box office

3) pay online and print out a (pdf format) ticket.

I want to pay on the day, but unsure as to whether this is likely to be a sell out.

Buy online at: http://www.adelaidesevens.com.au/sevens.rugby/page/66938

We normally have a few of us "JOCKS" turn up with the kilts on to support the boys from back home. The locals seem to love it, and everyone has a great day!!! If i'm not away working on the rig, i will be doing same again this year.

Guest Bristol_Matt
    We normally have a few of us "JOCKS" turn up with the kilts on to support the boys from back home. The locals seem to love it, and everyone has a great day!!! If i'm not away working on the rig, i will be doing same again this year.

I notice from the current standings England are top... Blimey!

I also couldn't help but also notice Kenya, The Cook Islands, and Russia, to name but a few, are beeting Scotland, in fact they are joint losers with a big fat zero points!

Think I could get into this rugby sevens lark ;-)

http://www.adelaidesevens.com.au/sevens.rugby/page/67007

Guest Ollie

7's is a great game especailly if your not a massive rugby fan its much more fast pace easier to understand without having to look at what can sometimes look like a mass brawl...

My advice>> well worth it

Ollie

We've been for the last two years - great atmosphere, fast and furious games, lovely to watch the players in the changing tents rund the outside of the pitch stripped to the waist between games.....:jiggy:...something for everyone ....

We always pay at the gate and haven't ever had problems getting tickets.

Look out for the Tongan, Kenyan and Fijian supporters particularly, great crowd, in costumes, singing, drumming..... I love it and can't wait for this years which is apparently bigger and better than ever before!

D

xx