Guest Tracyb

Mobile Phone Help

Guest Tracyb

Hi Everyone,

Not been on for a while but thanks to everyone who gave us advice on removals. We decided to go with John Masons in Liverpool and took insurance with Letton Percival. Three days to go and I will be flying out to Adelaide.....alone! John and boys still have to tie a few things up here and they will then join me.

I have a mobile phone contract with Three and wondered if anyone could advise me on what I need to do once i get to oz. I have spoken to someone from the call centre who has advised me that Oz has a Three network so it is quite straightforward I just have to adjust the settings. But to be honest I didn't really understand what they were talking about! i know there is someone on here whose husband works for Three and was wondering if I could pick their brains. Can anybody help??

Thanks

Tracy, John, Josh and Conor x

Guest the4hopes

It probably means you will be set for Australia network, if you stay with uk network calls and texts to Australia(in Australia) go to Uk then come back, it would be like calling from the uk so you would have to put extra numbers (44 ?)before all numbers for Oz. So if you get it changed you put in just the number.

Hope I'm right!

Guest ReadyPenny

Yes you need to talk to Kerry. Her username is The Baddleys.

Hope this helps

Mandy

Guest stufi1997

My cousin took out a contract in the uk with 3 before he came out, thinking that he would get inclusive calls and all the other benefits they promised....he ended up buying a pay as you go phone when he got here, cause it didn't work like they'd told him...hope you have a better experience, It's all very exciting eh, good luck Fiona

My cousin took out a contract in the uk with 3 before he came out, thinking that he would get inclusive calls and all the other benefits they promised....he ended up buying a pay as you go phone when he got here, cause it didn't work like they'd told him...hope you have a better experience, It's all very exciting eh, good luck Fiona

To be honest, I'd say get out of the UK Three contract before you come here. Three are so cheap in Australia that when I explained it to the person with Three UK who was trying to convince Cazzie to take their deal, they admitted they couldn't match it.

Of course, you would have to buy a phone here, but you get some really good ones for free on a 2 year contract.