Thinking of you Hayls - see you on the other side!

likesshopping

Hi hayls

Having big thoughts about you and your family - flying out to adelaide tomorrow - hope you have a fantastic flight..............

Keep in touch - we want to know what happens all along the way!

We will be out there in july sometime - so hope to meet up with you and the others then!

Have a fab time!!

sarah

x

Guest dglamoore

Hi Hayls

Hope your flight is trouble free!! Good luck in your new life and let us know what you think when you arrive on the other side :lol:

take care and happy new life :lol:

Lisa

No she hadn't mentioned it in any of her PM's to me.

So does anyone know?

I think there are at least two other families off here flying out today too but I can't remember who.

Hayles did say on an earlier posting that she had 15 hours in Singapore airport, arriving Adelaide Wednesday morning. I would guess that she must be leaving Manchester sometime AM arriving Singapore in the morning with the late flight to Adelaide arriving about 8am.

We fly to Adelaide today with Virgin, via Hong Kong & Sydney, arriving Adelaide Wednesday mid morning, but we are only visiting family and friends at this time, coming back mid February.

Hopefully we will have a case officer in March, and things will start moving for our visa.

Well we are now in Adelaide, the weather is very hot, about 40C and quite uncomfortable. Thank goodness for air conditioning. It should break shortly and get down to the low thirties which is about right.

Having travelled out with Virgin, we found the routing via Hong Kong and Sydney very tiring, and would suggest that if you have the choice that Singapore via Singapore or Malaysian via Kuala Lumpur would be the better options, as they fly direct into Adelaide, cutting a few hours off of the journey time. Its a great joy seeing our family again, and I am sure our six weeks will fly past and we will be enroute to the UK. hoping to get a case officer in March.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we have now been here for nearly 2 weeks, and the weather has varied between about 25 and 40 degrees. Have spent quite a lot of time looking around at areas and properties, which go from about A$300,000 to A$900,000 (120 to 360,000 pounds), with the nearer the city the most expensive. You can buy an ex showhome with 4 bedrooms and all mod cons, about 35 minutues to the city for around A$500,000. There is a new release of land at Blackwood with about 500 blocks on it coming up for sale in the next few months, which can be bought for about A$250-300,000 with building costs for a new home about A$250,000 for a largish home, by english standards, this is up in the hills area, which is slightly cooler, but still within easy reach of the coast at Brighton (about 15mins) and the City (about 30mins). Lots of opportunities here for housing, and a new life style. About 40mins from Adelaide is Murray Bridge where there is also lots of land for sale, on the banks of the River Murray, and a population I would guess at about 5000 which may also be worth a look, as property is a lot cheaper than Adelaide itself.

We went past Glendore today where Hayles is situated. The info I gave on an earlier posting was correct about the area. I would imagine Hayles is maybe having a problem getting online, as it takes a little while to get your bearings and where to go to sort out all of the essential things, like Medicare etc.

I played Golf last night with a chap whose family emigrated out here from Windsor, last May. They seem to be loving it and are just purchasing a property in Belair for about A$450,000