Liz and Kris UK

4X4 Driving at Goolwa wooooooooooooo

I had the best day a couple of weeks ago at goolwa. My mate from work picked me up and we headed down to Goolwa for the day. We went 4x4 driving on a 15KM stretch of beach (where you can take 4X4) and it was great fun. We were bouncing off the sand dumes and doing wheelspins. We then went swiming at boomer beach and the waves were awesome. However there was a downside to this trip, it was cloudy and about 22C so I didn't have any suncream on. Well I got soooooo burnt that I was off work the next day. So ALWAYS where suncream even when its cloudy (lesson well and truly learnt). I would defo recommend going to goolwa for the day but wear suncream.

Kris

Guest Guest75

Ouch!!!!

The sun really is strong.

You did learn a lesson!!

Looks like you had fun down at Goolwa though!!!

I noted with some surprise that there is no road restrictions on Goolwa Beach - but wait until a Cop goes down there ,sure he will get you on something.:wubclub:

Guest graandjac

We were bouncing off the sand dumes and doing wheelspins:err: bloody hoons.....lol, just dont get caught.....the trouble is there is a growing number of people trying to get cars banned from the beach....!!!!

Guest cazzie

Those clouds really are deceptive aren't they? It sounds like you had great fun in the car and although I am not a fan of cars on the beach myself (I just think it looks really odd!), I really, really love Goolwa beach. We walk over the dunes (from the barrage) and the sea is just such an awesome sight. Great waves there too.

Guest graandjac

;)oh no we love cars on the beach ....its part of Australia, but its the hoons that spoil it, especially on Moana and Selicks. Goolwa is really good especially if you can get past the dunes and to the river mouth .......4x4 ONLY though, seriously deep sand and good fun.