chrisfen46

med advice chest xray & pregnancy

can any body give some advice, as had conflicting advice from gp, my wife has just found out she is pregnant and her gp has advised not to have chest xray until after baby is born. yet read few articals that have said not to worry as risk is to small.

Guest munsters

I've just got my x-ray form through quote '"the department does not recommend that a pregnant visa applicant undergoes a chest x-ray". Go onto immi.gov - form160 it gives more details. Hope this helps.

Guest jen&ian

I found out I was expecting our third child when we were in the early stages of applying. We postponed things untill after Noah was born. I know they can give you a lead shield but don't know how effective that is, I personally wouldn't have one unless it was absolutely necessary.

Jen

thanks for your advice . we spoke to our agent today and we going to do as much on visa application as we can and leve x ray till after the birth. not a real prob as still got to sell house.

Guest familygood

I thought I might be pregnant and spoke to the radiographer at the hospital who said its less harmful than a plane journey. She said she wouldnt do them if it cause any significant risk as its not of your abdomen but your chest. I was going to go ahead (though have found out it was a false alarm!) Still you must decide what is best for you.

I thought I might be pregnant and spoke to the radiographer at the hospital who said its less harmful than a plane journey. She said she wouldnt do them if it cause any significant risk as its not of your abdomen but your chest. I was going to go ahead (though have found out it was a false alarm!) Still you must decide what is best for you.

All radiographers are different but our panel ones said they strongly discourage it and you would have to sign a legal binding waiver. They ar leaving themelves open for lititgation. Personally, if something turned out wrong later - regardless of the actual cause - I would be forever worrying that it had something to do with that xray. Good luck!