Guest happy feet

3 week update.......

Guest happy feet

Hi all,

Thought i would write a quick 3 week update to let those of you who have written to me, know how things are going...We arrived for the last 2 days of the heat wave, god it was hot:arghh:, however the second week started really cold and def would have the hot weather...

We had never been to Oz before and didn't really know what to expect, but when i got off the plane and drove to the apartment, it was nothing like i thought, not sure what i thought, but felt very lost and alone... Meet pete( django) after 3 days, and it ws great to speak to another english person. really nice family..

Nothing is within easy reach by foot, but public transport is good. Once we hired a car, it didn't take long to find a car to buy, loads of car places, but you just have to hunt the good ones. Hire car's could recommend Aussie car's on brighton rd, near glenelg, great guy and really helpful... I have got used to driving an automatic, and the roads r great to drive on..

Finding a rental has been another story...:arghh:Not easy, well saying that some people seem to find a house straight away others like me didn't.... Not alot about at the m, some very old and tacky places (IMO). Glad to say we finally got excepted for one yesterday in LITTLE BRITAIN, Hallet Cove. Didn't really want to go that south as job is in the city, but just couldn'tget one nearer the city in our price range. Not sure how others feel, but i feltvery intimidated when i went around house's if loads of others where viewing, straight away it puts you off and you think you have no chance... However te house we got had loads of viewer's and we got it!!! Sea view, house not all we wanted, but it will do till we get PR.

How we are settling as a family... We have all had good and bad days... Ethan my 10 yr old, has been really missing his friends, lots of tears and really upset's me, but hopefully we can get him into school next week and he can start making friends. Erin my daughter is 7 and doesn't really seem to care. I started work this week and Daz (OH) has felt abit down, not what he excepted, but hoping to get more routine know we have a home....For all those nurse's out there, i started in the ED at RAH this week and it is very different, but they very education focussed..... And guess what, i have a day off tom..House moving day (paid), can you believe it...

We have meet some lovely people, and also staying next to Soccer 65 and Em's which has been a great help.

For all those coming out, if when you get here we feel anything like i did, please PM me and i will do my best to help in anyway..as long as not working.

At week 3, i feel ok, think i could say that i could live here...but it will be hard and i'm sure we will all have many up's and down's.The life we are after will hopefully be ours in a few yrs and we just have to work had to acheive it...

Good luck to you al

cara x

Guest Django

Great post Cara.

Once you get in a proper routine, work, school, shopping, etc Darren will feel better. Family life is family life. Once you are inside your home then you could be anywhere in the world and its the same ol', same ol'.

So glad you've got somewhere to live. Now you've got that one out of the way you can start to enjoy your new lives.

Pete

Guest ems

Hey hun.

Loved reading your post. As Pete say's once you've got your routine hopefully things will look a bit better. It'll be good getting the kids to school and i'm sure Ethan will meet some great friends (and girlfriends). I know what you mean about the tears, i had Alicia in tears this morning and i had to hold them back myself.

Good luck with the house move and let me know if i can help in any way.

Better get back to the vodka and looking for furniture online (ok haven't got a house yet but no harm looking lol).xxx

Hi all,

Thought i would write a quick 3 week update to let those of you who have written to me, know how things are going...We arrived for the last 2 days of the heat wave, god it was hot:arghh:, however the second week started really cold and def would have the hot weather...

We had never been to Oz before and didn't really know what to expect, but when i got off the plane and drove to the apartment, it was nothing like i thought, not sure what i thought, but felt very lost and alone... Meet pete( django) after 3 days, and it ws great to speak to another english person. really nice family..

Nothing is within easy reach by foot, but public transport is good. Once we hired a car, it didn't take long to find a car to buy, loads of car places, but you just have to hunt the good ones. Hire car's could recommend Aussie car's on brighton rd, near glenelg, great guy and really helpful... I have got used to driving an automatic, and the roads r great to drive on..

Finding a rental has been another story...:arghh:Not easy, well saying that some people seem to find a house straight away others like me didn't.... Not alot about at the m, some very old and tacky places (IMO). Glad to say we finally got excepted for one yesterday in LITTLE BRITAIN, Hallet Cove. Didn't really want to go that south as job is in the city, but just couldn'tget one nearer the city in our price range. Not sure how others feel, but i feltvery intimidated when i went around house's if loads of others where viewing, straight away it puts you off and you think you have no chance... However te house we got had loads of viewer's and we got it!!! Sea view, house not all we wanted, but it will do till we get PR.

How we are settling as a family... We have all had good and bad days... Ethan my 10 yr old, has been really missing his friends, lots of tears and really upset's me, but hopefully we can get him into school next week and he can start making friends. Erin my daughter is 7 and doesn't really seem to care. I started work this week and Daz (OH) has felt abit down, not what he excepted, but hoping to get more routine know we have a home....For all those nurse's out there, i started in the ED at RAH this week and it is very different, but they very education focussed..... And guess what, i have a day off tom..House moving day (paid), can you believe it...

We have meet some lovely people, and also staying next to Soccer 65 and Em's which has been a great help.

For all those coming out, if when you get here we feel anything like i did, please PM me and i will do my best to help in anyway..as long as not working.

At week 3, i feel ok, think i could say that i could live here...but it will be hard and i'm sure we will all have many up's and down's.The life we are after will hopefully be ours in a few yrs and we just have to work had to acheive it...

Good luck to you al

cara x

Hey Cara,

Glad to hear u have found a home.

Hopefully we can meet u guys soon, u know we will have a great life here. If in doubt just have a quick reflection on life in the UK, and remember why u came here. :v_SPIN:

The fishers

Glad you are settling in, it just takes time and you just have to keep chipping away. The people we bought our house from were migrants from Blackpool in the 50s so you have joined the long history of UK migrants.

hi cara was thinking about you today gurl, how your job was going and that

so glad you got the rental thats a weight off your mind.

just put the kids in school and they will be made up belive me!!!

will get easier now and things will start to fall in place HONEST:notworthy:

once u are in ur rental and kids are in school you will feel better gurl

sue xxxx

Guest adenick

Hi Cara

Sorry we haven't been in touch but it was nice to meet you albeit briefly at Moana last week. God i Know just how you feel, we have been in Oz for 3 weeks now, Adelaide for about 10 days. Yesterday was a bad day, lots of arguing and crying, all feeling down. I am stressed because like you it is not that easy to get a house, I have spent every spare moment on the net emailing real estate agents and going to see houses which are generally minging! Have only got just over another week in our holiday rental, at this stage we will have to move into a caravan! My 14 year old is very unhappy, hopefully when we find a place I can get her back in school although she has told me that she is not going to make friends as she intends on moving back to the UK asap! Jobs dont seem to be so easy as everyone makes out either! My OH is a carpenter/supervisor and is struggling finding things to apply for. Hopefully like you we will get into a routine soon and get sorted as I feel like having a nervous breakdown!

Well done on getting your house etc, may see you soon again.

Nicky and Ade Tanner

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Cara

Great to read your post and that you have a house. I have a feeling in my water that I, for sure, will be PMing you in the very near future!!!

Mandy