Spare a thought.

Guest steve.parkin

Guest steve.parkin

Thanks to all who replied to my thread "is it all milk and honey"

Didnt think i would get such a big response and if you red them all, they all said the same. So thanks to you all.

But i do read with envious and jeolous eyes at how many people are making the move.

So please spare a thought for those who want to go but through varies reasons are un able to.

I am a plasterer of only 4 years and there fore cant pass the TRA and at the moment cant afford the 2 or £3,000 that it would cost to get my AQF III here in the UK.

So as much as I would love to go, we are stuck here for now and i will continue to read with envy all you lucky people who can make thed move.

Unless some body knows a way in. I have asked this question before but only got one response, so it appears to be an ellite club that only skilled people can join, those who dont quiet make the grade can only look on and hope.

Thanks to all, and all the best in your quest, to move down under.

Guest Kazzarazza

Hi Steve,

If you are under 30 years old, have you considered coming over on a working holiday visa. They are valid for 12 months but if you are employed in certain fields (I think building industry is one) you can then apply for a second WHV. You may be lucky enough, whilst you are here, to then find an employer, or agency, who is willing to sponsor you. You could also do a bit of extra study here and try and gain some kind of Australian qualification to add to your CV.

Cheers.

Guest steve.parkin

Thanks for the advise and taking the time to reply, but im 42 years old so time is running out.

Ive tried many avenues but either come up blank or dont get any positive and helpful feed back.

Will keep trying tho.

Cheers.

Guest Kraig1967
Thanks for the advise and taking the time to reply, but im 42 years old so time is running out.

Ive tried many avenues but either come up blank or dont get any positive and helpful feed back.

Will keep trying tho.

Cheers.

You could try www.nationalvisas.com

they have a moneyback guarantee if they cant find you a visa and helped us to secure ours when we thought we couldn't get one. We beat the deadline for my o/h applying by 53 days with their help.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Will keep trying tho.

Cheers.

Iwould suggest that you find that 2/3k to get that qualification , if it means you will get here. As you said , at your age time is running out.

Finding 2/3 grand there may be the least of your worries. The first few months here you tend to bleed money big time!.

good luck

Smit

Guest caoimhe
able to.

I am a plasterer of only 4 years and there fore cant pass the TRA and at the moment cant afford the 2 or £3,000 that it would cost to get my AQF III here in the UK.

So as much as I would love to go, we are stuck here for now and i will continue to read with envy all you lucky people who can make thed move.

Unless some body knows a way in. I have asked this question before but only got one response, so it appears to be an ellite club that only skilled people can join, those who dont quiet make the grade can only look on and hope.

Thanks to all, and all the best in your quest, to move down under.

We know how you feel, we had to hold out a year until my O/H had completed 5 years before being able to proceed and then we still only qualified for a temp visa

Guest kangomik

there's a lady called Liz on another forum, to say she has never given up would be an understatement.

Theres always a way, and we all make sacrifices. It is by no means easy for anyone. It's not an elite club. It's about putting in the effort.

Good luck.

Mik

Guest kangomik

i forgot to add... once you get here you then have all the other people going back telling you what a terrible decision you have made.... Funny they were not telling you this when they were a few steps a ahead in the whole process!

It's worth while when you get here and meet all the great people.