Guest spannaelephant

New Arrival and kids going mad!!

Guest spannaelephant

Hi, I have recently arrived in Adelaide (last Wednesday), and we are currently staying in Glenelg. We have spent the past few days driving around looking for places to live etc etc, and now my husband is back at work, myself and my kids are going a bit stir crazy for some company. I have two lively/noisey boys, a nearly 5 year old, and a 2.5 year old, who are fed up of being in the back of a car, and are asking for some friends to play with!! Can anyone recommend a mums and tots kind of group perhaps, where they can play with other kids.................or does anyone have kids the of a similar age who dare to meet up with us????!!!!! Or any other recommendations of what to do????

My eldest will hopefully be starting school in April, but until we decide where to live, I've not sure which school he'll attend.

Yours hopefully:unsure:

Guest katsmajic

Hi, its a bit south for you but but when its dry the fort at port noarlunga is fab for lil boys.

theres a tots tumble play area in christies beach too...again its southbound for you, i dont know anything up your end :wubclub:

you do have the fun house by you at glenelg, the 5yr old would love it but your lil one might be too small for the activities...

and of course theres the beach...

Hi

Contact your local kindi as most have a playgroup on a friday, great for both your boys :)..have you tried wiggle worms (indoor play area) at glenelg??

hope that helps..

Jo

Guest Django

There is a Tuesday playgroup in Woodcroft run by a couple of our members. It starts at 11.00am and it's at Old Cottage Playgroup which is on the corner of Byards and Kenihans Roads. Again its slightly south of where you are. We were going to go today but had a house viewing to go to. Hopefully we will make it next week.

Pete

There is a Tuesday playgroup in Woodcroft run by a couple of our members. It starts at 11.00am and it's at Old Cottage Playgroup which is on the corner of Byards and Kenihans Roads. Again its slightly south of where you are. We were going to go today but had a house viewing to go to. Hopefully we will make it next week.

Pete

Hi pete

You might want to check they are still doing it as there is talk of them moving time and day :wubclub:

Jo

Guest dave

Hi

We live about 10 minutes away in Netley. We've been here about 6 weeks. We've got a boy who's 5 and a girl who's 3. Our boy goes to Plympton Primary but our girl is also going a bit stir crazy! We've started attending the playgroup at Netley kindy, but i think most kindys have one. If you want to meet up at all let me know, cos we don't know anyone here yet!

Jenny

Guest lippy

Hi

A couple of us with boys of a similar age meet at Hocus Pocus in the Marion Centre (in the corner on the same floor as the Pictures) on a Saturday morning about 10 - you'd be more than welcome to join us! - (PM for contact numbers).

Have also seen a sign on Brighton Road opposite the Sacred Heart school (near the Holden garage)advertising a playgroup on Wednesdays.

Julie

Guest spannaelephant
    Hi

We live about 10 minutes away in Netley. We've been here about 6 weeks. We've got a boy who's 5 and a girl who's 3. Our boy goes to Plympton Primary but our girl is also going a bit stir crazy! We've started attending the playgroup at Netley kindy, but i think most kindys have one. If you want to meet up at all let me know, cos we don't know anyone here yet!

Jenny

Hi Jenny, sounds great...............would pm you but haven't figured it out yet, if you do, will reply with my number, Cheers

Guest spannaelephant
    Hi

A couple of us with boys of a similar age meet at Hocus Pocus in the Marion Centre (in the corner on the same floor as the Pictures) on a Saturday morning about 10 - you'd be more than welcome to join us! - (PM for contact numbers).

Have also seen a sign on Brighton Road opposite the Sacred Heart school (near the Holden garage)advertising a playgroup on Wednesdays.

Julie

Thanks for that Julie, probably won't be able to make it for a few weekends whilst we are doing the property search thing, but will definatley ttry and contact you again to join you if that's okay, thanks

also check out the library in glenelg as they sometimes have activiities on or may know of local group

2 Colley Tce

Glenelg, SA 5045

(08) 8295 2580‎

colley terrace is where the funhouse thing is on the front with the feris wheel.