youth work

Guest bills

Guest bills

i have been looking on the net for info about what type of jobs Adelade has to offer. i have found plenty of jobs but they never have a wage with them can anyone tell me what kind of wage i could earn working in youth work.

great site this as our plans gather speed we are now at the stage of do we or dont we my work has made life harder for us by promoting me to a position i now enjoy so much.

kind regards Bills

Guest brandyslad
i have been looking on the net for info about what type of jobs Adelade has to offer. i have found plenty of jobs but they never have a wage with them can anyone tell me what kind of wage i could earn working in youth work.

great site this as our plans gather speed we are now at the stage of do we or dont we my work has made life harder for us by promoting me to a position i now enjoy so much.

kind regards Bills

Hi there, below is an old thread on BE that might give you some info or point you in the right direction.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560267&highlight=youth+work

I am going over as a Community Worker but I have done Youthwork in the past and did my FE Teaching Cert in Youth Work. There do seem to be some good jobs out there. They have some similar approaches and projects to ourselves in the U.K which is good, my only worry is starting afresh contact wise - for support agencies, community centres, community reps etc, I will be running round with a big notebook superglued to my hand making notes of names and numbers! You know how many contacts you build up doing this kind of work.

Guest katsmajic

Theres loads of places looking for people working in youth work...you will need to do some studies before you can start though...

minimum is mandatory notification - child protection etc

research what you need to have in place before you start job hunting - it'll make it alot easier in the long run as places wont even look at your resume if you havnt got certain quals/certs in place.

A few people i know in youth work are part time - seems to be the norm and the pay is on the government sliding scale.

Guest bills

thanks for the reply i have HNC social care, SVQ 3 children and young people and i have completed all basic child protection training do you know if these are accepted in oz?

ragrds Bills

Guest Nick11

I think they are paid under the sacs awards. There are 7 levels I think. I know for a fact level 4 starts at $27 an hour and level 2 starts at $20. This is permanent - not casual. The higher you are the more responsibility.