Sign in to follow this  
Guest covfan71

IELTS - Can you do after lodging Visa?

Guest covfan71

Silly me didn't think i needed to do this test because i have a UK Passport and it does say that on various websites. But when i have gone to lodge my Visa i am 10 points short. I now know why people do the test - to get the extra 10 points. I can't believe me Agent didn't tip me off on this.

Anyway, what i was wondering is , can you still lodge your Visa even though you haven't had done the test. I have to lodge my Visa by 20th Apr but the next test i can get on isn't until 30th.

Guest Kraig1967
    Silly me didn't think i needed to do this test because i have a UK Passport and it does say that on various websites. But when i have gone to lodge my Visa i am 10 points short. I now know why people do the test - to get the extra 10 points. I can't believe me Agent didn't tip me off on this.

Anyway, what i was wondering is , can you still lodge your Visa even though you haven't had done the test. I have to lodge my Visa by 20th Apr but the next test i can get on isn't until 30th.

Hi you should be ok, we did our IELTS after lodging the visa, we just let DIAC know that the test was booked as I did exactly the same as you and found we were 10 points short.

Good Luck

Kraig

Guest covfan71
    Hi you should be ok, we did our IELTS after lodging the visa, we just let DIAC know that the test was booked as I did exactly the same as you and found we were 10 points short.

Good Luck

Kraig

I know. It's a good job i double checked because i read that you didn't need to do it if you had a UK Passport. Seems daft if you have been UK resident all your life and i've even got english o level.

did you just do the General App part of the test?

Guest Kraig1967
    I know. It's a good job i double checked because i read that you didn't need to do it if you had a UK Passport. Seems daft if you have been UK resident all your life and i've even got english o level.

did you just do the General App part of the test?

Yeah it was the general test, you have to score 7.0 in each band score to get the extra 10 points, unless its now changed, we had to do the test twice, it was more difficult than expected, more technique than anything else. As long as you study HOW to take the test you should be fine,

Good luck

Kraig