hi all just wondering if u can help me and my partner are coming over next year he is a chef just wondering if any one can help with wages how much is he likely to earn he has a few years experience and qualifications .

Guest sjs

Hiya my husband is a chef and he found work straight away there are plenty of jobs going and you would perhaps start off on something like $20 an hour.

good luck

Guest katsmajic

Agree with sjs, wages are around $20 an hour for a regular chef, probably get more if on casual rates...and get this...a chef gets paid more (award rates) if they work in a pub!

Theres always jobs advertised, but as everywhere, hospitality is tough hours...work in the city is more like europe hours etc, 10pm closes etc, im in the south and the kitchen closes at 8.30pm weekdays which is ausome!

We're hiring at the mo for a chef..25 hours, flexible for more hours etc too...covering hot/cold and pizza.

Guest katsmajic

BUMPING this one up - we're after another chef, one we got just wants to work on pizza so we need a 'proper' chef, still around 25hrs a week, monies ok, shifts are pretty good and of course staff are fab! ;)

It gets pretty fast n furious, its NOT a steak/schnitzel n microwave joint at all...and its a small kitchen.

give me a pm if anyones interested. :)

its in mclaren vale, southern burbs, some split shifts so need to be local etc