Sign in to follow this  
Guest paula

Hello from an old timer

Guest paula

Facinated to read your messages. Left UK in 1973. Easy then - - just a chest exray & plane tickets. But no wonderful website like this! Have lived longer in Perth now than in Adelaide but still miss it.

Paula

Hi Paula

Welcome :!:

Would luv to hear your thoughts on Adelaide, its still early days for me, meds next week then hopefully just waiting for that wonderful email.........to say we have the visa :!:

Researching & reading loads, in between work (3 days a week)...oh & fetching the kids to & fro from school :)

Do you miss Adelaide ? I bet its very different to Perth. We visited Brisbane, Gold Coast & Sydney earlier this year, but not SA. Still I am even more excited about emigrating now than ever :)

Angela

Guest dglamoore

Hi Paula

Welcome to the site!! Always nice to have an Aussie around to help us UK lot out :lol:

What made you move from Adelaide? We have never been to Oz and the first time we arrive will be to live!!

Lisa :D

Guest paula

Hello Lisa,

We moved to Perth from Adelaide in 1985. Everyone was excited about Australia winning the 'America's Cup' from the Americans after 132yrs. The yacht race took place in Freemantle, WA & put Perth truly on the map.

I suppose we really came here because houses were cheap & we wanted a larger house. Totally the opposite now with Perth prices gone through the roof!

Paula

Guest donna T

I forget how long people have been doing this emigration thinkg - it's great to hear from people who not only have been there seen it done it - but have stayed and are clearly happy too - thanks for posting! :D

Hi Paula

Thanks for the pm to.

We chose East Aus as a holiday as I have a friend living in Sydney & if I am completely honest, at the time we were advised by a no of agencies that it was easy to get the full 120 points for emigrating.

BUT we were in fact at 110 / 115 points.

Our visa class is SIR495, a new type, only been around a couple of years. It allows you to live & work in a low growth area. After researching SA & Adelaide, whioh we chose in the end, its mainly house prices, the med climate - boy Queensland got hot :oops: & we went in Autumn 8) finally from a trade perspective I am hoping there will be more opps for Ashley to find work. After 2 yrs, plus a couple of other restrictions, we can apply for PR.

It is great though that you read & post, you obviously had your reasons for going to Perth, I am sure its a wonderful place.

Bye for now

Angela