Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lisado

Hoping to come over in September

Guest Lisado

Hi all

Well we had our meds yesterday (kids were great - bribery is a wonderful thing!!) We just waiting on those being sent and the "dreaded" long awaited South African police clearance (fingerprints have been done and sent and there is a 2 week delay!!). We hoping the visa will come shortly after. The house hasn't sold but we are hoping to come over in Sept and have been given a school date from 2 schools for the kids in October - which I couldnt believe. The schools seem fantastic there and so friendly

So looks like we are going to bite the bullet and head over soon. I have seen Clare's post for cleaners etc and I suddenly realised I am happy to do something like that if needs be than work in what I know (law librarian) as long as we are together and happy and the sun shines then so be it!!!!

So hurry up that visa :)

Lisa

Guest brandyslad

Glad to hear the meds went well. Ours were sent on the 25th Feb after the blood tests came back. Just waiting now. I want it to come thro asap to book flights!

Guest Lisado

Hiya

I dunno if anyone else felt the same but as you do - I just want to go asap now that we have come this far:jiggy:

Lisa

Guest brandyslad

Well I get my redundancy date this week and E's work is just days here and there every week so we have nothing to lose and just want to go NOW!! LOL

I am on eggs wanting them to decide on the visa cos if not we will have to start job hunting here.

Guest Lisado

and there are nano jobs here!

I hope you get your visa asap - I reckon you'll get yours before ours - so I watch and wait for your post

I have fingers and toes crossed

I think might have a glass of vinos tonight (or 10) LOL just to celebrate the meds being over and done with

Lisa

Guest brandyslad
    and there are nano jobs here!

I hope you get your visa asap - I reckon you'll get yours before ours - so I watch and wait for your post

I have fingers and toes crossed

I think might have a glass of vinos tonight (or 10) LOL just to celebrate the meds being over and done with

Lisa

Enjoy the wine! We are heading out for a meal, got a voucher for Xmas and decided to out and treat ourselves tonight.

Guest familygood

Hi Both,

We have our meds on Tuesday and really not looking forward to it! Have no reason to be worried at all but just dreading it and dont know why!! Got police checks back all fine yesterday and hubbies new passport came through really quick so its the last step now until its all done.

We are not coming until Jan 2010 which seems like eons away but its not really - will leave work mid Dec which seems very close!!! I think I will just want to go after we get the visa but at least then we will have a date to work towards and can book the flights. As ever fingers crossed for you both..

Emma x

Guest Lisado

Thanks Emma

We were planning on going over in Jan 2010 but I think now we just want to go and I can't wait to leave work (already planning my letter and leaving speech!!!!)

I think the 3 of us will get our visas at roughly the same time - I am always checking on here to see it happen!!!

The meds will be okay - I was really nervous but we had a fantastic doctor who let he kids use the stethascope and wee reflex hammer so we were there for ages - you could see the glee in Alex's eyes when he was in charge of the hammer :biglaugh:

Lisa