Guest andrew_obrien

Moving on 6th May 2009 on my own

Guest andrew_obrien

Hi all,

Im moving to Adelaide on 6th May on my own a bit scary but hey got to try it. Never been to Australia im 27 but really want to give it a go.

Does anyone fancy meeting up and showing round Adelaide or going for a beer or BBQ as i would like to start making friends as soon as i get out there been looking glenelg or Hallet Cove to rent.

Any advice or offers to meet up would much appreciated

Guest brandyslad

Hi there,

Saw your post on Poms in Oz, so jealous your visa came thro so quick. We are waiting on our meds to be finalised and our CO to look at ours again.

My OH will go drinking with you when he lands, he is 25 and in typical Irish fashion loves going for the ole pints!

What's your job???

Should have said as long as the visa is oked we want to go in May too.

Guest andrew_obrien
    Hi there,

Saw your post on Poms in Oz, so jealous your visa came thro so quick. We are waiting on our meds to be finalised and our CO to look at ours again.

My OH will go drinking with you when he lands, he is 25 and in typical Irish fashion loves going for the ole pints!

What's your job???

Should have said as long as the visa is oked we want to go in May too.

That would be good to go for a beer with him look forward to it.

I am currently head of and I.T Department at a primary/junior School well till i hand my notice in on Monday hehe.

PM me and ill send you my email adress

And good luck with your visa

Guest Lisado

when we get there we'll have a drink or 2 with you - real ales, wine, etc

I think to go on your own is really brave and I think judging by this site, you won't be on your own for long - some great people on here who I am sure will have a drink or 2 (by now I reckon everyone must think I'm a right wino :wacko:**

Lisa

Guest andrew_obrien
    when we get there we'll have a drink or 2 with you - real ales, wine, etc

I think to go on your own is really brave and I think judging by this site, you won't be on your own for long - some great people on here who I am sure will have a drink or 2 (by now I reckon everyone must think I'm a right wino :wacko:**

Lisa

I will look forward to having a drink with you. Where about in adelaide will you be?

Guest Lisado

we hope to be in port noarlunga - we like our fine wines so hoping to be in mclaren vale but mayb we might find a nice abbot ale x

Guest rich

I'm up for a meet up - i get there in August so you can show me about! Always useful to meet people for a drink/BBQ

if your coming over on yur own id suggest glenelg to stay. Hallett cove if more a family place with not much going on. glenelg in comparison is more lively, with easy transport to the city. Nice beaches, marina, plenty of shops , restaurants, a few bars etc.

Guest Bodie

Give me a shout and I'll join ye for pint or two. Drop me a pm when you're here or before hand.

B

Guest LordLucan
    we hope to be in port noarlunga - we like our fine wines so hoping to be in mclaren vale but mayb we might find a nice abbot ale x

Hmm, you might have a bit of a drive to find The Abbott. The only place I've seen it is at the Fox and Firkin in Tea Tree Gully - at least an hour and a quarter from Port Noarlunga on a good day! Maybe others know somewhere nearer.

However, I can thoroughly recommend a local brew called Cooper's (Pale and Sparkling are the best). I might be a bit biased because my surname isn't really Lucan... Well, not these days anyway ;-)

i'll be back from africa around the end of may, and we are building in Hallet Cove, renting just now in brighton, give me a pm and sure you can twist my arm to accompany you to the bar for one or two.

Shaun

...on my own a bit scary but hey got to try it...

Have a stroll around Rundle Mall during the week, at lunchtime - guarantee you will be glad you came :D

Justin.

Guest andrew_obrien

Thanks for all the offers for a drink. Trust me i will be in contact to meet up for a drink. and i will definatly have a look round the mall at dinner lol

Guest azp74

We (Andy, 35, Alex, 34) are arriving end of April (21) and will be based in Brighton to start off with. I grew up around there so I suggest we go for a counter meal (mmm, schnitzel) at the Espy (the Esplanade Hotel, Brighton - cnr of Jetty Road & the Esplanade) as you can sit out and watch people on the jetty etc. Also the Seacliff is quite a nice hotel and both are a pleasant walk along the beach from Glenelg (if you are walking all the way to Seacliff I recommend stopping off for a drink in Brighton anyway!).

PM me if you want to meet up & good luck with your adventure! :)

Guest andrew_obrien
    We (Andy, 35, Alex, 34) are arriving end of April (21) and will be based in Brighton to start off with. I grew up around there so I suggest we go for a counter meal (mmm, schnitzel) at the Espy (the Esplanade Hotel, Brighton - cnr of Jetty Road & the Esplanade) as you can sit out and watch people on the jetty etc. Also the Seacliff is quite a nice hotel and both are a pleasant walk along the beach from Glenelg (if you are walking all the way to Seacliff I recommend stopping off for a drink in Brighton anyway!).

PM me if you want to meet up & good luck with your adventure! :)

Just sent you a PM

Guest sauvignon

Good luck on your move,I went to America on my own when I was 19,had a great time. Now in Adelaide and enjoying it all. Looks like you have plenty of people already to have a beer with.So a great start.

Good luck

Guest andrew_obrien

Thanks Again for the Advice/Offers i shall be in contact soon just booking my flight hehe cant wait