Sign in to follow this  
Guest bills

compare qualifications uk/oz

Guest bills

hi, i have HNC SOCIAL CARE AND SVQ 3 IN CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE can anyone tell me the best place to find out if my qualifications are recognised in oz and at what level?

i hope to work out what jobs i can go for to see if i can make the move i want so please help if you can. Bills

Guest cazzie

Hi Bills,

A useful site might be www.work.sa.gov.au which will take you to immigration's skills assessment pages. Usually, qualifications don't quite match up and some studying is required at international student rates (extortionate) if on temp/provisional visa, but not on permanent visa. Hopefully your qualifications will stand you in good stead and won't involve too much hassle. Good luck.

The Skills Recognition Support Services , Level 1 East, TAFE SA, Adelaide City Campus, 120 Currie St, Tel 08 8207 8354.

They base the assessment on guidelines published by the National Office of Overseas Skills and Recognition in the Country Education Profiles

Good luck

Maria

Guest kangomik

my experience is that they are stumped when you mention a UK qual. Speaking with the lecturers will get you on the right track.

i didnt hve any problem getting NVQ 3 in Direct Training and Support recognised, took approx 30 mins and left with a statement saying its eqiv to AQF cert IV. Though it might depend on which educational institution was used for the qualification.

Guest katsmajic

Its not at TAFE but theres a place by the (currie st) westpac building, "workskill" they will recognise your quals and convert them into oz ones...

Its not at TAFE but theres a place by the (currie st) westpac building, "workskill" they will recognise your quals and convert them into oz ones...

It was at TAFE at the address i posted above :P

Guest katsmajic

This is the one i used, you can pop in and wait to have it done, or make an appointment and meet with an advisor too.

Theyre really nice.

They transfer/recognise your quals into ozzie equivilent.

South Australia

Skills Recognition Services

Ground floor, 55 Currie Street

Adelaide SA 5000

Postal Address:

GPO Box 320

Adelaide SA 5001

Telephone: 1800 658 887

Fax: 08 8226 5350

Email: srs@saugov.sa.gov.au

Guest bills

thanks guys for the info i just cant believe how much work i still need to do so that we make the right decision for our future. BILLS

Guest Kazzarazza
    This is the one i used, you can pop in and wait to have it done, or make an appointment and meet with an advisor too.

Theyre really nice.

They transfer/recognise your quals into ozzie equivilent.

South Australia

Skills Recognition Services

Ground floor, 55 Currie Street

Adelaide SA 5000

Postal Address:

GPO Box 320

Adelaide SA 5001

Telephone: 1800 658 887

Fax: 08 8226 5350

Email: srs@saugov.sa.gov.au

Hi,

This is the address we were told to go to as well. It's part of the Immigration (Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre) complex.

Very helpful they are too.

Cheers.

Guest katsmajic

hi, i wasnt knocking you or saying you were wrong, just that i went to a diferent place...