Sign in to follow this  
Guest proctor3069

Help understanding visa costs

Guest proctor3069

Hi just wondering if some one can help me please.

We are going to Adelaide in may for a holiday and hopefully applying for our visa when we get back.

We have been on the IMMI website to have a look at visa costs etc and dont understand it!

I think we will be applying for the skilled independent visa 175 and it mentions 2 instalments for payment? We were under the impression that it costs around £2000.00 total for visa plus medicals and police checks etc. but it looks to be $2105 for the 1st instalment and I don't think we need to pay the 2nd?

Has anyone gone with this visa and done the application direct with the government as we don't want to pay expensive agent fees if possible? (Unless its really hard work to figure out the forms ourselves?)

Thanks for your help (Roll on May!!!)

Daz (30), Tammy (30) & Jessica (2):)

Guest brandyslad

When we first looked at visas I was really confused about the second installments, this only applies if you have to sit an english test but if you have a UK passport you shouldn't need to do this. So you should only have to pay the $2105.

As a guide, the police checks are £35 each and our meds were nearly £400 for the two of us. Med prices vary but not wildly I don't think. our skills assessment was around $300. Can't remember exact dollars figure but it was £140 sterling, this was back when the exchange rate was better though.

By the way I didn't use an agent. My skills assessment was easy compared to some peoples, I had to send away my degree cert to Vetassess, it is more complicated for trades, I am a Community Worker. We put our visa app in ourselves too.