Guest Nat

India House, Hallett Cove Shopping Centre

Guest Nat

Just had a menu delivered for the above Indian takeaway (or dine in) and wondered if anyone on here had ate there, and what did you think of it? Is it worth a visit?

Guest smit
    Just had a menu delivered for the above Indian takeaway (or dine in) and wondered if anyone on here had ate there, and what did you think of it? Is it worth a visit?

We had a beef biryani on Saturday,( give it a go type of thing). Tasted nice , but the meat was crap.Considering theyve just opened , I would have thought that they would have used decent meat!

Guest donna T

Hi Nat

we had a dish from them last week - it was okay quite tasty but not fabbie. They ran out of naan bread at 8pm and someone else said they went and they ran out of prawns and squid too.

Donna x

Guest Roo1

Hiya Nat,

I had a take away from there at the weekend. Was disappointed at the lack of choice on the Take away menu but found the quantities not bad for the price.

J x

We too tried it out at the weekend. They had to put the closed sign on the door around 7pm as they couldn't cope with the orders. We found it to be just 'ok', garlic naan was nice though.

We tried it at the weekend too :)

Same as the others really, we had mixed starter which was nice, a chicken biryani, which tasted nice, but totally agree with the other comment about the meat, and a veg curry, I was disappointed with that as whilst it tasted nice it was basically diced carrots in a sauce with a few peas and maybe some turnip for $10.50. Feel the prices are a bit more on the expensive side.

Might give it a go again, but it will be back to Charminar for us!

I would say give it a go, make your own mind up.

Guest Nat

Thanks for all your replies. Might be worth a visit, but won't expect too much. :D

There is also a new one at Woodcroft Shopping Centre on Bains Road - that is nice, would recommend, on the spicier side, but good prices and like the stuff

there is a new one opening soon at Junk Food Corner too, near cunno's