Any Pastry Chefs/ Pastry Cooks out there?

Guest Greg & Dani

Guest Greg & Dani

Hi Everybody, I'm a fully qualified Pastry Chef, trained in Germany and been working in Ireland, Holland and UK for the past 7 years, in my learned trade and as Chef de Partie. Is anyone of you a Pastry Chef and can tell me what Jobs are available in and around Adelaide. I have looked online but can't really find a lot advertised. Is there a high demand for Pastries/ Cakes and Desserts? If anyone knows a website/agencies for catering in Adelaide please, please can you let me know. We will be arriving in just over 2 weeks and i'm getting a bit nervous as i can't find jobs online, so anyone who can help, it's very much appreciated. Thank you. :notworthy:

Usefull info might be rewarded with chocolate cake ;)

Dani.

Guest Greg & Dani

Thanks Moosh, that's great advise. I always thought about going in this direction but never knew where to start. I have been teaching apprentices in the workplace in Ireland and UK but never had to do any certs for it. Are they easy to do and where do i do them?

Dani.

Guest Greg & Dani

Thanks Emu i will keep an eye on jseekers. As for pastel de nata, if you interested i know how to do those, as my mum's bf is portuguese and there has always been a lot of med cuisine style been going on in our house.

Michelle, thanks again. I definatly have a look at TAFE when i get there.

Is your hubby a trained chef or baker?

Dani.

Michelle, thanks again. I definatly have a look at TAFE when i get there. Is your hubby a trained chef or baker?

Dani.

No problem. Hubby is a trained Chef but he fancied doing something different so decided to teach it to overseas students. Bakery is on his teaching list too!

Hello Dani and Greg, thanks for the offer of the Natas (portuguese custart tarts). Let us know when you start working we might visit your bakery and buy some cakes off you. Good luck.