Guest Emu

Ringing the UK and EU - any cheap providers?

Guest Emu

Hello, Do you know of any cheap providers to ring the UK and Europe?

I know about the phone cards but they usually not very good, as they charge a connection charge and you loose a lot of minutes. In the UK I used Telestunt and they were very good, you could ring from a landline or mobile, just using an access phone number (you don't have to sign up with them).

PS - Telestunt is quite good if you want your family to ring you, is just 1p a minute! 10p on mobiles.

Guest guest569

The phone card that we use is EXCELLENT !!! Its $10 from woolworths. Lasts 12 months. a local connection fee and then 3.6 cents a minute.:jiggy:So nothing extra on your telstra bill.

Heres a link for info http://www.1300woolies.com

I just use Telstra, I think we have a deal or something but a 1/2 hour phone call usually only comes up on the bills as a couple of dollars. But then we only ring the Uk a couple of times a year, talk more on msn really, texting a message when we are signed in. Sorry can't be more helpful.

Guest Trakki

I use Aussie Phonecard, I got $20 and have made 6-7 nearly 2 hour phone calls and still have $15 and over 700 mins left. It is the best phonecard I have found with minimal connection fee. Apparently there is a service on Skype that is for phone calls that is quite cheap, haven't looked into it properly.

Guest Emu

Hi Rachiegarlo,

what do you mean when you say "texting a message when you signed in"?

Hi Trakki,

where do you buy that card from?

Thanks for all the other replies, I'm checking out all the options :wubclub:

I use Aussie Phonecard, I got $20 and have made 6-7 nearly 2 hour phone calls and still have $15 and over 700 mins left. It is the best phonecard I have found with minimal connection fee. Apparently there is a service on Skype that is for phone calls that is quite cheap, haven't looked into it properly.

Skype to skype is free :)

Emu when i am on the internet and on msn I send a text via mobile to the people in the UK I wish to talk to to see if they are free to sign on to msn on their comp. We chat that way then through msn. Sometimes we prearrange when we are free to go on as well.

Guest spannaelephant

we r with telstra and pay $10 per month to have 1c /minute phone calls to UK, you also get the $10 back in phone calls

Guest LOOBYLOO

If you have internet access you can register with skype - you pay a monthly fee and calls to landlines (wordwide) are free. Skype to skype is free with no monthly charge and free to join.

Why not try the company advertising on this page, they state calls to landlines in UK at 1.2c per minute, with no connection charges.

Guest graandjac
    Skype to skype is free :)

You cant beat skype computer to computer is free and the quality is very good 99% of the time have to agree with Heaps on this one

skype..... pay to hook it to a UK landline, people can call you.... you can call them on landlines as much as you want. fixed price of £2.00 a month..... can't beat that.

If friends get local UK calls foc, theycall you foc.

I bought a skype handset.... makes it even easier.

If you move house, or country even, the number moves with you.

IMHO... it cannot be beaten.

Si