475 Temp Visa to a Permananet Visa

Guest worrall

Guest worrall

Hi All

Has anyone applied for a permanent visa after they have fulfilled the obligations of the provisional 475 3 year visa and have been refused or been granted the visa.

Any info would be helpful, and would like to hear from you, with info on getting your permanent or being rejected for a permanent visa.

Thanks

Lynne

Guest soggy
Hi All

Has anyone applied for a permanent visa after they have fulfilled the obligations of the provisional 475 3 year visa and have been refused or been granted the visa.

Any info would be helpful, and would like to hear from you, with info on getting your permanent or being rejected for a permanent visa.

Thanks

Lynne

Hi,

I have read on this site in the past about people getting their pr visa after meeting the requirements of the 495, the advice I seem to remember she gave was save ALL your documents, rental agreements, receipts, bank statments, pay slips ect as evidence you lived and worked in SA.

It has been known that some people have tried to get around the system by getting a rental in "regional" Australia and then subletting it and then going of to live where they want, so you need things like utility bills in your name, phone bills, mobile phone bills, receipts for purchases ect as additonal evidence not just a rental agreement.

Also when it comes to the work aspect, your companies head office is in a different state and that is where your pay ect is processed you will need to supply a detailed letter stating that you were employed exclusively in "regional" Australia, if you were not then only the time you worked on regional aus will count towards the 2 years. Get a letter from your employer or employer's stating you worked full time (min 35 hrs) for the full 1 year required.

As I understand things you will get PR but you do have to prove that you have met the requirements, like the main application don't assume they will know anything, give them all the evidence you can so they have no doubt.

Simon:D

Today i went to a session for new arrivals and they talked about permanent residency, check out this site, that is what the case officer told us to look at

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/887/

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/887_checklist.pdf

also the case officer said to provide as much info as possible, as many bills as possible, very important is a letter from the employer stating where you worked.

• 2 years later...
Guest toniomacalister9

G'day kind people! I need some assistance please!

I'm a bachelor and I arrived Adelaide on a SIR 475 visa on July 2010. I was living at a friend's house in Campbelltown for 5 months without paying any rent until I secured a full-time employment. Hence I din't have any rent receipts or bills in my name. The only records I have is (1) the TFN letter which was posted to me in August, (2) Job confirmation letter from my Employer in September and (3) my vehicle rego in October.

I moved out to another accommodation in December where I am having an agreement and rent reciepts in my name.

Question is, as I am preparing to apply for my PR, will I be able to apply in July 2012 showing my available records (TFN letter, Vehicle Rego and Job letter) or should I wait until December 2012?

What other documents would DIAC accept other than rent receipts, mobile phone bills, utility bills, school reports? The landlord is paying for the utility bills at the place where I live now and it is included in my rent.

Please assist!

Cheers,

Tonio.