What about Christies Beach??

The Monaghans

As our move gets ever closer, we're desperately trying to sort out a rental house before we go but it's difficult when you've no idea what a place is like! Does anybody know what Christies Beach is like? We've seen a few houses on t'internet that look really nice and it seems to be very close to the beach areas but it would be nice if someone could tell us what it's really like. Our other focus of attention is Halletts Cove which also looks pretty good and which Damms also liked. Are both places child friendly though as we have two toddlers?

Looking forward to seeing some of you at the meet on Saturday!:D

Liz and Rich

Guest Libby1971

Hi

Christies Beach seems nice although I don't live there. Some decent shops and an indoor soft play centre along Beach Road. Beach seems lovely and accessible.

Hallett Cove is nearer where we live in Sheidow Park and again a lovely area. There is a train station in Hallett Cove so links to and from the city might be good. Not sure about Christies Beach.

If I can be anymore help, PM me.

Libby

Guest dglamoore

Have a good look round the area before commiting to anything. Some of the area does look nice but it does not have the best reputation going for suburbs :D

We tried to get a rental from the UK but found agents would not get back to us as they prefer you to see the area and the house - with hindsight I am sooooo glad we did not as the areas we looked at from the UK did not always meet up to our expectations when we got here. Also the real estate agents are very clever at taking photos - we viewed houses that looked lovely online but when we went to view them often wondered if we were at the right house :confused:

We now live in a suburb we had never considered and absolutely love it here.

Lisa:cool:

Chrisities Beach is a lovely beach but the properties in the area seem to be quite dated unless its a new build. In general CB is a good area with loads of amenities around.

About 5 mins drive from there is Morphett Vale and Woodcroft about 10 mins drive. Both of these suburbs are not too far from the beach and the local mall so might be a good place to look for a rental.

Good Luck

Judi

:)

Lisa, thanks for the tip. Everything looks lovely when you looking on the internet but you're right, it's always different when you get there. I think we'll probably wait until we get there now and book into Woodcroft for a week or so. When you find a rental that you like though, how long does it take until you can actually move in? Don't want to be stuck in a caravan park for a month or more. We're practically living in a holiday camp in Devon until we fly out in July. Cramped caravan, two bored toddlers - aaaagghhh!!!!:mad:

Guest dglamoore
how long does it take until you can actually move in? Don't want to be stuck in a caravan park for a month or more.

We were unbelievably lucky in that we saw our rental at 9am 5 days after arriving, applied for it by fax about 10am and they called to say it was ours at 4pm same day and got the keys the next day.

It took a few days to sort the electric going on so moved in the following week. Lots of rentals that we went to see where empty but some had up to a months wait until we could have moved in so it really does vary. As I say we were very lucky and this does not seem to be the norm but it can be done ;)

Lisa:cool:

• 2 weeks later...