The Monaghans

Household Stimulus Package

Sorry if this has been asked before but... Are there actually two different payments? There seems to be the $900 if you're a single income family and you've filled in a tax return for the year 2007 - 2008 which I THINK we will qualify for, but then there's something on Centrelink about the Back to School Bonus of $950 if you have a child between 4 and 18. Do you get both or just one?

Guest Libby1971

Hi Liz

My understanding is that you get as many as you qualify for. I think the one about the children is that they have to be in full time education and then you get the payment for each child that qualifies.

could i just ask, if we will get this:unsure:

we have been here since november but aint done no tax thingy yet, we do get centre link though thanks

sue xxx:wubclub:

could i just ask, if we will get this:unsure:

we have been here since november but aint done no tax thingy yet, we do get centre link though thanks

sue xxx:wubclub:

I think you will get it if your kids are in full time schooling....but you only get the other one if you filed your tax return for 07/08 as you have only been here since november last year you will only get the one for your kids.

Hope this helps.

As far as I understand the children's payment ($950 per child) comes from Centrelink and that is only payable if you receive Family Tax Benefit A.

The $900 per adult is payable by the Australian Tax Office only if you have submitted a tax return for 07-08 and earned less than $80,000.

Karen

Guest Roo1

It says on the letter you'll only get it (Single Income Family Bonus $900) if you are entitled to Family Tax Benefit Part B on 3rd Feb 09.

J x

The $900 per adult is payable by the Australian Tax Office only if you have submitted a tax return for 07-08 and earned less than $80,000.

Karen

The above pay out reduces if the earnings are more than $80k, I think the minimum pay out is $200 or $250 but I can't remember the exact amount of how much you have to earn.

But IMO anything is better than nothing.

The above pay out reduces if the earnings are more than $80k, I think the minimum pay out is $200 or $250 but I can't remember the exact amount of how much you have to earn.

But IMO anything is better than nothing.

The minimum payout is actually nil ...

http://www.ato.gov.au/corporate/content.asp?doc=/content/00178930.htm&page=3&H3

Best regards.

Sorry I knew some people would not qualify ie nil payment, but the least you would get was approx $200 up to $900/950.