Guest Libby1971

Road Traffic Accident claim

Guest Libby1971

I am not sure how to word this but need some advice on the process of making a claim against a driver.

I was a passenger in a taxi, still at the traffic lights, and we got hit from behind by a car which had also been still at the traffic lights and been hit by a bloke in a car who 'wasn't concentrating'.

Now I understand that as part of the reigstration process for your car, there is a compulsory third party insurance payment to Allianz. Their website says that you can claim medical costs - which is just as well coz I've had a prescription and xrays done.

My question is...do I claim against the driver who wasn't concentrating, or the driver who actually hit us. Is that what I should be doing? I have no idea what to do or how to. I have the details of all 3 drivers - my taxi, driver behind and the driver who hit us all.

Advice please.:wubclub:

Hi there

Sorry to hear about your accident, and dont quote me on this, but surely you would claim from the taxi driver as he would have to have public liability insurance and his insurance would claim on the person behind and so on, eventually the driver who was not concentrating would cop the lot including the insurance company charges.

This happened to my partner in the UK and this is what happened.

Hope you feel better

Sandra

Guest ems

Hi Libby.

So sorry to hear about your accident. Afraid i don't have any answers but just wanted to wish you well.x

I am not sure how to word this but need some advice on the process of making a claim against a driver.

I was a passenger in a taxi, still at the traffic lights, and we got hit from behind by a car which had also been still at the traffic lights and been hit by a bloke in a car who 'wasn't concentrating'.

Now I understand that as part of the reigstration process for your car, there is a compulsory third party insurance payment to Allianz. Their website says that you can claim medical costs - which is just as well coz I've had a prescription and xrays done.

My question is...do I claim against the driver who wasn't concentrating, or the driver who actually hit us. Is that what I should be doing? I have no idea what to do or how to. I have the details of all 3 drivers - my taxi, driver behind and the driver who hit us all.

Advice please.:wubclub:

Firstly and more importantly hope your ok Libby?

I think what has been said is right, claim through the taxi drivers insurance.

Guest Guest75

I'd be doing as Sandra said.

You were a paying passenger in a cab.

If not the driver should furnish you with details of the driver who ran into you.

Hope you are OK.

Guest Libby1971

Thanks for the concern. I had/ have whiplash which seems quite a small thing and I think it could have been worse. Mostly tired and have slept on and off for hours!!!!

I had not thought of claiming through the taxi company or is it specifically the driver or is it the same thing really?

Guest philnjulie

hi, would get myself a no win no fee solicitor to sort any claim out will take the hassle away from you phil

Poor U, I had no idea it was this serious when u sent me the text. Its the taxi drivers public liability I think.

I hope u r feeling better soon. xx