Guest Dawny

First question of many!

Guest Dawny

Our agent has advised us to go state sponsorship 176 today due to the current situation,

As far as we know Adelaide is still sponsoring plumbers, question is how does the 176 differ from 175, John has already done Vetassess practical and passed and visa Application was lodged on the 10th of March, Or would we be better off staying on 175 as plumbing is still on the modl list, so confused as whats best to do, which is going to be the quickest route,

Many thanks Dawn x

Guest Dave & Carole

We are applying for a 176, subclass 475 - is this what your agent means? The 475 bit is the state sponsorship for job being on their "wanted" list. It is provisional - with permanent residency granted after 12 months employment & 2 years living there (depending on fulfiling all criterea)

Not sure what a 175 visa is - but have just seen another post saying their 175 has been put on hold - see pg 11 of 'Cutting new immigarnts' thread (somehting like that!!)

Guest Dawny
    We are applying for a 176, subclass 475 - is this what your agent means? The 475 bit is the state sponsorship for job being on their "wanted" list. It is provisional - with permanent residency granted after 12 months employment & 2 years living there (depending on fulfiling all criterea)

Not sure what a 175 visa is - but have just seen another post saying their 175 has been put on hold - see pg 11 of 'Cutting new immigarnts' thread (somehting like that!!)

Hi i would think that is the one our agent means, i will double check with her in the morning,

What happens if you do not find work once there in your trade? Sorry about the questions x

Guest stufi1997

We are applying for a 176, subclass 475

Are these not 2 completely different visa types?? I'm confused !! Fiona

Guest Django

Yep 2 totally different visas.

No - you can't be. If you have State Sponsorship you are either applying for a subclass 176 visa, or a subclass 475 visa.

One - the subclass 176 - is a permanent residency visa. The other (the 475) is a provisional (ie temporary) residency visa, that is intended to lead to p/r in due course - usually under subclass 887.

Best regards.

Our agent has advised us to go state sponsorship 176 today due to the current situation,

As far as we know Adelaide is still sponsoring plumbers, question is how does the 176 differ from 175, John has already done Vetassess practical and passed and visa Application was lodged on the 10th of March, Or would we be better off staying on 175 as plumbing is still on the modl list, so confused as whats best to do, which is going to be the quickest route,

Many thanks Dawn x

Dawn,

I would listen to what your agent is recommending.

Best regards.

Guest Dawny

Thanks everyone, and thanks Alan, as from today John has swapped to state sponsorship 176, so fingers crossed we have made the right choice!

At least now i can get on with my research, Really don't know where to start, so will apologize now for all the questions in advance x