fishing

Guest the dunlops

Guest Guest75

Nah - we only do refined fishing here:biglaugh:

Seriously there is some good river fishing - but different to the UK

There is a lot of Redfin in the Onkaparinga River.

Lots of Bream in the tidal parts of the rivers - very popular here to catch ,some anglers target just that species.

In the River Murray there is European Carp - a pest fish here and must NOT be put back

Also Callop and Murray Cod - but I think one is closed season.

Lots of good sea fishing - which I'm into.

To learn a bit more of the local fishing have a look at the local fishing forum - great bunch of helpful people in there.............

http://www.strikehook.com/

TonyB who posts there is a Geordie but been here years - he is keen on river down here in the south.:)

well cheers for that i will have to sort out my river tackle then :idea:

I left all my coarse gear back in the Wetlands....wish i had bought some tho .....seat box....some stiff action rods.....and maybe for a bit of fun bring along your pole if you have one...you could have some fun on the Onk with one of these.

Lotsa guys go fishing on ere mate, were gonna try and all go and wet some lines

Guest motlyman
I left all my coarse gear back in the Wetlands....wish i had bought some tho .....seat box....some stiff action rods.....and maybe for a bit of fun bring along your pole if you have one...you could have some fun on the Onk with one of these.

Lotsa guys go fishing on ere mate, were gonna try and all go and wet some lines

Mulloway on a pole:goofy:

Like to see that lol

Colin

Guest motlyman

Was there today actually. Had an arvo session. Just a few bream.

I have heard the mulloway are over 1 metre long in there.

Back in the uk we used to go to a little lake, well more of a pond really but it had Carp in it around 6lb.

As it was a small water we used to use our poles with the pink elastic. That was great fun.

Colin

Guest kangomik

there is a forum for course fishing on the net somewhere, but i cannot find it of late.

It had a SA section and the guys where extremely friendly.

Wish i had brought my gear with me, i reckon the keep net may have reached off a jetty! LOL

Guest graandjac

Not to question the Snapper king:p....but are you sure there are red fin (perch) in the Onk, most of the onk is tidal and brackash even at Old Noarlunga i thought reddies were fresh water fish.........:o

Guest Guest75

Not to question the Snapper king:p....but are you sure there are red fin (perch) in the Onk, most of the onk is tidal and brackash even at Old Noarlunga i thought reddies were fresh water fish.........:o

It's further up in the Gorge where the water is fresh,there are some good ponds there.

I see your point - should have made myself clearer.

Guest GIPSY

Hiya

My hubby is fishing mad - he is taking all his stuff, he has spent the last couple of days cleaning it all up ready for quarantine inspection!! He even thinks that he is taking some stuff over with him when we fly out but we only have 20kg each so he doesn't have a chance!!!!!!!!!

He has been on the SA fishing forum, but they seem to be mainly into sea fishing - very friendly and helpful bunch though.

Hayley

Guest Guest75
so do you think that i should bring a bit more sutff with me got loads here fish a lots of machts so really going to miss it

We have matches here - mainly on Bream though.

SABT - South Australian Bream Tournament

Using lots of lures here both soft and hard.

Guest the dunlops
Hiya

My hubby is fishing mad - he is taking all his stuff, he has spent the last couple of days cleaning it all up ready for quarantine inspection!! He even thinks that he is taking some stuff over with him when we fly out but we only have 20kg each so he doesn't have a chance!!!!!!!!!

He has been on the SA fishing forum, but they seem to be mainly into sea fishing - very friendly and helpful bunch though.

Hayley

hi hayley so when are you going out ? we hope to be out first week in june the wife has gave in her noite as for me i lost my job, but not to worry we are not sure where we what to live and could do with some help on that are you sorted on that yet , as for the fishing it would be nice to have a new fishing bud so may be we could meet neil

Guest GIPSY

Hi Neil

We too go over in the 1st week of June, flights booked for 3rd with Cathay Pacific - we didn't book the migrant flights, hence we only have 20kg each, but it did save us a few hundred pounds - we booked with Dial A Flight.

We are eventually aiming for the Flagstaff Hill area I think, although there are other areas that we want to check out before making our final decision as to where to buy. We have applied for On Arrival Accomodation initially as I think it will be quite difficult to secure a private rental from over here, especially with 2 dogs. i just hope we get it as they only tell you 3 weeks before and that doesn't leave much time to organise something else...

Yes we can def. meet up, send us a message when you get over and we will have to have one of them that there BBQ's along with some refreshing TEDs :-)

If you need help with anything, just let me know and if I can I will

Hayley

Guest motlyman
were exactly is "The gorge" ?

I'm up in Coramandle valley anyone know of any freshwater fishing near there?

Yep there is one off of Main rd.

I think it is off of Magarey rd

Fished it a few times. There are some nice Redfin in there and if you can get through the Turtles some Carp.

This is why i gave up on the lake here, flippin Turtles.:arghh:

Colin

Guest mantis88
Yep there is one off of Main rd.

I think it is off of Magarey rd

Fished it a few times. There are some nice Redfin in there and if you can get through the Turtles some Carp.

This is why i gave up on the lake here, flippin Turtles.:arghh:

Colin

Thanks for that. went and had a look the other day! Nice little pond! Rekindled my interest in dangling a line which inevitably leads to loads of questions!

Is there licensing or pay at water or the like?

do you eat what you catch or put back and if you eat is there a size limit?

Close seasons?

Is it all lure fishing or is there any chance of a catch off a float?

And were is the Gorge with all the ponds?

Cheers and tight lines.

Dave Mac.

Guest Guest75
Thanks for that. went and had a look the other day! Nice little pond! Rekindled my interest in dangling a line which inevitably leads to loads of questions!

Is there licensing or pay at water or the like?

do you eat what you catch or put back and if you eat is there a size limit?

Close seasons?

Is it all lure fishing or is there any chance of a catch off a float?

And were is the Gorge with all the ponds?

Cheers and tight lines.

Dave Mac.

Hi Dave

You might want to look at a pond on River Road in Noarlunga Downs.

It's just on the side of the Onk River and apparently has some good sized Carp in it.

Reeds all around it with a few entrance points.

You'd have to hoof it down as I think most of that road is shut due to roadworks at the moment.:):)

Guest graandjac

:)Dave mac, go to Old Noarlunga and park up next to the reserve in the centre......look across the road towards the hills and cross over, you will see the river walk untill you come to a foot bridge....cross the footbridge and follow the river up stream,........you will then cross the river (might not be running ) so the rivers on your right keep walking for about 1km and the small but deep holes start....they do look good and i have seen fish moving up there