Rachiegarlo

Today's citizenship ceremony.

was held at Mt Barker. There were only 10 people and they each had to take their oath solo or in family groups.The Mayor was pleased to see everyone. Speech before hand, stressed that becoming an Aus citizen did not mean giving up your previous culture but that you had to recognise and adhere to the laws and customs of Australia. Each person was handed a showbag containing Aus flag keyring, pen, a bag of anzac biscuits, a pin commemorating 60 years of aus citizenship and a wattle seedling to plant. Each person was congratulated and welcomed, reminded that their new citizenship was much envied around the world. Afternoon tea was served after and then we went home, back down the freeway to our humble abode.

Guest Lisajonesey

Oh wow!!!! It seems such a long way off for us.. but I can only imagine how the 10 people must feel. Have you got your citizenship yet? Its really good to attend these things, makes me proud to be part of a hardworking bunch of people wanting a better life, putting in all the hard graft and really going for it.

No I'm one of those slackos and the last in my family yet to take out citizenship. Today it was my daughter who was born in the UK and moved here when she was one and regards herself as Aussie anyway, having grown up here.

Guest Django

Nice one Rachel. When is it going to be your turn??? At this rate I'll beat you to it. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

No I'm one of those slackos and the last in my family yet to take out citizenship. Today it was my daughter who was born in the UK and moved here when she was one and regards herself as Aussie anyway, having grown up here.

You should get yer ass into gear....:realmad:

with your wealth of knowledge of this great land you should Aussie come one !!!

HG !!!

I cnt wait for our only 37 months to go :arghh: