delbart

Teaching help required

Hi, have landed here, got my SA registration, attended BELS (DECS) and mandatory training but not got DECS registration. Just trying to get this sorted, is it going to hold me back? Do I need it to teach anywhere? How long does it take to sort out, I have sent off my application today but when I asked their office they seemed very vague which alarmed me a little.

Need some TRT really, I am trained to deliver PE in primary, secondary and special schools, where would you start in gaining some TRT?

Sorry to post so many questions, hope somebody can help

Thanks

Andy

Guest Nick11

You cannot teach without registration at all. It took me about 2 weeks for my registration to come back - they are very quick.

Guest Yapp
    Hi, have landed here, got my SA registration, attended BELS (DECS) and mandatory training but not got DECS registration. Just trying to get this sorted, is it going to hold me back? Do I need it to teach anywhere? How long does it take to sort out, I have sent off my application today but when I asked their office they seemed very vague which alarmed me a little.

Need some TRT really, I am trained to deliver PE in primary, secondary and special schools, where would you start in gaining some TRT?

Sorry to post so many questions, hope somebody can help

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

I have not long gone through this rather frustrating process and have to say still sending documents to Decs!

If you have your Teacher Reg, BELs and MNT, then you can sign up with various agencies to work in private schools.....the pay isn't as good but does get you out there, and if the schools like you then you get more work. Once you have your TRT letter, then you can take ALL your docs and introduce yourself to decs schools and they will put you on their list.

If you are happy to work in special schools, I think the best thing to do, which worked for me, is to go direct to the schools, explain who you are, what your good at, have a look round and then as soon as you get your TRT letter, give the schools a call and ask when they would like you to come in.

Small note about pay. You may have already done this, but this was something I found out about later. Having already submitted all my docs several times I thought I would be recognised as having several years teaching experience. However, it seems you start off being paid as a graduate and need give exidence of previous work experience to increase your pay scale, another process that can take a couple of months, so the earlier you do this the better.

Hope this helps

Carmen

Your right Carmen what a nightmare, anyway I have just loaded everything now for DECS and I did have letter from home confirming my years of teaching. They certainly like their paper work here. I will certainly get on with applying through agencies for jobs and will call at some schools with my details.

Thanks Andy

Guest Nick11

And the good news is that your registration only last 2 years - then you have to do it all over again!

Oh the joy!

Guest Libby1971

Now now now Nick, anyone would think that you consider the paperwork a waste of time? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Any day now, I am expecting the phone call to say now you have to do it all over again!!!!

Oh and if you are wanting to work in Catholic schools, a letter confirming you have permission to teach is necessary from the Cath Education Office. Takes about 10 mins to copy your stuff and then you get the letter next day