Guest Lisado

Pensions Advice

Guest Lisado

Hi all

I am just wondering about what to do with our UK Pensions. I have 2 here in the UK and didn't know if we should transfer it to Oz or leave it here. We are hoping to be over in September so thought I woulkd start thinking about the "sensible" things.

Any advice greatly appreciated as always. ;)

Lisa

Try either calling or pming Andrew Williams (think he posts on here as Andy Williams - use search button at the top you will find his details) tel 0432317272 - great guy sorted our pension transfers, life insurance and income protection too! I am sure that you wont be disappointed, we were pleasantly surprised at how reasonable the insurances were here compared with what we paid in the UK

Lindsey

Guest woolmerdj

I have also been in touch with Andrew Williams. I had a final salery scheme in the Uk and it is important to know what your furure plans are, wether or not you decide to stay in Australia. I learnt there is no rush to transfer, unlike the pushy pensions advisers at the UK eXPO.

jANE

Guest Lisado

Thats great - thanks for that. I will PM Andy and see whats what.

Lisa

Guest soggy
    Hi all

I am just wondering about what to do with our UK Pensions. I have 2 here in the UK and didn't know if we should transfer it to Oz or leave it here. We are hoping to be over in September so thought I woulkd start thinking about the "sensible" things.

Any advice greatly appreciated as always. ;)

Lisa

the one big difference to many UK pensions is here in Aus your super fund is your money to do more or less what you want with once you retire, and you can pass it all on to your spouse, kids, or dog if you want. Although this is all good there is more to making such an important move and going to and expert is a must.

Simon