ozzieclare2be

Check you bank accounts, credit card fraud

Over past couple of days we noticed a few things paid from account and was unsure , but then $300 went out which neither of us had spent. Cris is now on phone to bank fraud department, his card has been cloned and $420 has been taken from our account that we can see up to now. Very upset as we were just getting straight financially after me taking time off for my op. Just goes to show no-where is immune to these theiving scumbags:mad: so make sure you check your accounts!!

Guest tooeasy

we know this to it happened to us a few years ago they are real scumbags they should get a job and earn their own money like the rest of us :mad:

Guest DianeJ
    they must be very thick though as they used it to charge their mobile, pay an electric bill and a few other things so hopefully they can trace them

Hi Clare

This happened to us in the UK last year. The first thing they do, I was told, is to top up a mobile for $50 and it's usually vodaphone. If that goes through then they try and spend very quickly.

Our account had the £50 taken but the bank stopped another payment going through for £500, thats when the fraud dept rang us.

It was a total pain as we had to wait for new cards to come through.

Di

yes first thing they did was pay $1 to vodaphone, apparently they do this to see if the card will work then the payments started going out from there. $300 to aus post, $60 to telestra etc, hope they find em , if i could get my hands on them they would have no naddas left . We should get the money back but its the inconvienience. It was probly copied when chris used it to pay for something, :realmad:

We've had this happen to us twice now - although to give the banks their due (two different banks) they were quick to pick it up and stop the card immediately. The first time the b**tards charged a domain registration in Germany to our card and we even got some very threatening letters after the following months payment didn't go through! The second time, the thieves put through $1 in the middle of the night, and NAB were onto it straight away.

I don't think the powers that be do an awful lot to catch the people doing it though - the first time I had a UK post code which they had used (with my Australian address) so I reckon a decent undercover investigation could follow a trail... I don't understand this concept of a secret number on the back either, as you're asked to give that over the phone when you pay with te card, so who's to know what happens with the scrap of paper that the details are jotted down on? So much for "secret"!

It's just so damned inconvenient as you have to re-register the new card number with all those places that take direct debits from it!

D

Guest katsmajic

Thats crap, glad you noticed before they wiped you out...

Hope they catch the @****%&:policeman:

take care xxxx

Guest weesp
    Over past couple of days we noticed a few things paid from account and was unsure , but then $300 went out which neither of us had spent. Cris is now on phone to bank fraud department, his card has been cloned and $420 has been taken from our account that we can see up to now. Very upset as we were just getting straight financially after me taking time off for my op. Just goes to show no-where is immune to these theiving scumbags:mad: so make sure you check your accounts!!

So sorry Claire, they are such evil b******ds. Hope u get it sorted soon. Which bank r u with?

Lynn